:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Sunday, June 05, 2005 ::

(x-posted to my Livejournal)

I'm working today and it was supposed to be my day off. My manager couldn't come in, so I was like, yeah, sure...I'll work. I definately could use the hours.

I was calculating the tax that was being taken out of my paycheck by the ratio of a smaller check...aka I was "timesing" (haha..great word) my hours by 7 (I make 7.50) to account for the taxes coming out. I looked at a 37 hour check today and, lo and behold, the ratio turns out to be $5.90, and that's *before* they take a chunk out for my health insurance. Five fuckin dollars and ninety cents. WTF? I was expecting a 280 paycheck and I got a 220. Kind of a rude awakening. The government gets a buck fifty from me every hour for...what? A social security program that's going to be obsolete by the time I use it? Our non-existent national healthcare program? Oh, Oh, I know..because we need to drain more money out of our economy to fight this damned war. ::grits teeth::

At the very least, we should get prime rate on the money the government "holds" for us until taxtime and makes us do complicated paperwork to get back. I am of the opinion that that is perfectly fair.

Joey and I are both pretty miserable with allergies...it's so weird I have allergies now - I *never* had them before. My eyes are watery, my ears, nose and jaw hurts, and I have a constant headache. This is just stupid. It should seriously just stop.

I have a feeling I'm going to miss the Riverfest in Red Bank this year...Joey and I kept trying to go and something kept coming up. I think I'm going to go after work today, alone. I just want to spend an hour or two there, that's all. I'm going to miss all the fairs if I don't get moving, too.

Grah. I gotta get moving and ready for work. Ciao, all!

~Fox
:: Fox 6/05/2005 09:56:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?