:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Thursday, May 05, 2005 ::

Ok.

While I am still pretty much infuriated at life, I figure I needed *something* semi-good to counteract the last post.

I love Joey. Just wanna make that clear. Stuff is pissing me off a lot lately, but he does none of it intentionally and he's just a guy caught between family, guy-ness, and love interest, an age-old problem. I still think selling the car is a bad idea, but it's clear he is going ahead with it with or without my approval, so I'm going to try to limit my bitching to here so I don't stress him out. It's his money - that's the reason I've been telling myself every time I think "god this is a stupid idea". I have to remember that it's only stupid *to me* and that his reasons may be perfectly valid to persons other than me.

However, I remain carrying a hatred for his father. *That* is genuine and cannot be reasoned away, I have tried valiantly.

::puts the dead horses away in the shed for awhile::

I am channelling all my angry frizzy energies into being immersed in kitschy body product brands - namely- Philosophy, Demeter, Lush, GothRosary, and, very much so lately, Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab oils..better known shorthand as BPAL. They have forums, an LJ community, and extensive collections, descriptions, limited editions and other order-ridden concepts that make the Virgo sensibilities in me utterly senseless with joy. It doesn't even matter if I like the oils, which I have yet to try, at this point. The *concept* is enough for me.

As pathetic as it sounds, after the whole...election incident...at Brookdale, I spiraled down so rapidly that I was getting into a suicidal frame of mind I hadn't entered for a very long time. Joey couldn't even bring me up. I went on the BPAL forums and read about something called a "circular swap". Basically, there's a list of a bunch of people, say 20 for illustration purposes. I entered into a "tea swap", so the first person on the list who came up with the idea for that particular swap, s/he will amass a bunch of tea (possibly involving the last leg of the previous season's tea swap) and send it to the next in line. They will take one or two of each kind, and put in 30 servings/teabags of their own contribution and send it to the next in line, and so on. The last person sends it to the originator of the swap, who will possibly use the huge mishmash to start the next season's, in turn. HOW GREAT IS THIS IDEA?!?//one11! My god. It actually made me feel better. They have serveral variant swaps, some involving birthdays, random gifts, soaps, and, of course, BPAL products. A few even have a lineup of rare BPAL oils they send around for everyone to sniff and test lightly, so everyone can get an idea.

There's also an NY gathering in central park (picnic!!!!!) on the 28th and I am there with BELLS on, you better believe it. I may bring henna so we can all henna each other. Do I know the first thing about henna? Hell no. But I bet it will be well-liked :) Oh god...I may even make these elusive things people call "friends". ACK!

~Fox
:: Fox 5/05/2005 12:13:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?