:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Friday, May 06, 2005 ::

(cross-posted to my Livejournal)

Hrm..okies. Joey and I just had the most amazingest vacation evar. Time to go link happy!

We jetted up to New Hope, PA after saying for months we were gonna. We left at around 8:30 Thursday night, and we got back tonight (friday) at about the same time. We stayed at the best hotel in the world, which reminded me soooo much of the kind of stuff I grew up with it's not even funny. Even the old-campground wood-panel smell to the place made me misty-eyed and deleriously happy. We frolicked and looked around and genuinely enjoyed ourselves (there were baby duckies to watch!!!), just soaking up the atmosphere in the early evening and morning.

Thennnn...we got in the car and went to a great diner and a nice flower farm (it's kind of disturbing that nearly every stop on our trip has a website, but, moving on) before driving down the road and seeing approximately eight bajillion antique stores and then a winery! (w00t!) Joey and I tasted a few and ended up with a bottle of their may wine and strawberry (yums!) as well as a portable corkscrew and two glasses with the winery logo on them.

And thennnn...we went to a place called Peddler's village and killed the rest of the whole day there, just wandering around (I almost lost Joey to a breathtaking Greenhouse, he almost lost me here) , taking 89 (!!) digital pictures of ourselves and everything else, eating a great lunch, and heading home as the twilight settled.

As we were going home, I got stuck in a tree, but thankfully escaped with my limbs intact and a slightly sore solar plexis. Joey laughed, pointed, and took pictures. He's lucky I love him.

I found out that a really cool girl I'm getting to be net-friendish with has the *same* bday as me, down to the year. It's freak-ay and lovely all at once. She is a wonderful personage and pretty-pretty because she is a fairy child. Yay!

ANNNND...my lush order came today!! Yay!!! I got my lush glitterbug, which is teensier than I thought...it's only about 2 1/2 inches long, but it does leave those nice iridescent sparkles. It smells...I don't even know how to describe it. It smells unscented. Like potter's clay or something. Or chapstick. It's not unpleasant to me...just seems like there ought to be a scent of some sort. I also got a fairy jasmine bath bomb, which I have yet to try but which is freakin huge looking to me...It's the size of an orange! They also sent me, for free because they are wonderful!! teeny soap samples of honey I washed the kids, ginger, and cereology (one of their brand new ones) And...and and and a Mr. Butterball bath bomb! How did they know it was what I really wanted to try?? What a fantastic surprise! I'm so ordering from them again, high shipping be damned.

So...yah! That's it for now. :)

~Fox
:: Fox 5/06/2005 10:39:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?