:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Monday, May 02, 2005 ::

Allo all.

So...hm. Been a busy few days for me. Spent a lot of time with mom, so that was good. It's nice just hanging out with her. She had off due to her office, mostly egyptian, having off for their equivelent of Easter. She's gotten a new lovebird and quaker parakeet...the former is a cuddlebug, the latter a nippy little bitch, but we're working on it. Ariel is stupid as ever. I still love her.

Things had been unwell in the heart department lately - Joey and I have been so busy and tired we don't get to see one another. We got to spend last night together, and it was really nice, and he was really sweet - I just hope that the trend continues. I feel as if we spend hardly any time together, and what we do get is stolen, and taken in constant fear of something interrupting us. Agh. I'm counting the seconds until we're able to get the hell out of here and have a place of our own. (Still am not keen on a trailer. I'm honestly trying to be. )

He came home, went to our storage garage, got my beltane dresses and shoes and laid them out for me, and spent the rest of the time making a breathtaking headdress for me from the remains of an extremely hardy bouquet he had bought me recently. And staples. I love him.

Saturday, I was feeling crappy anyway, so I called out. I went to a Literary Convention at B-dale to help and volunteer, met some really cool authors and poets. Got to eat dinner a few seats away from Stephen Dunn, the Pulitzer Prize winner. I also met Holly Black, the very friendly author behind The Spiderwick Chronicles. Wish I wasn't so tired at the end of the night...he was doing a reading and I kept spacing. The con was really nice, though. Suzanne and Michael and co did a great job putting it together..it was a real professional operation! Lots of free food, too. Free food is always good. We had tea, coffee, salad, wraps, cakes, and dinner for the presenters and helpers at the Lincroft Inn..there was even wine and chocolate mousse :-D We got 92 bucks a head for the convention, and it seemed like there was a heck of a lot of people in each workshop, so I think we did pretty well, all things considered. I'd love to get a final tally from Suzanne. I'm not sure what the money goes toward - I *think* the visiting writers series.

I've decided to go back to school. Maybe this summer, but definately in the fall. At least one class - Joey's graduated already (well, will in two weeks, but he has his diploma already) and I feel like I'm wasting time. I want my degree, at least my associates. I need about 25-30 credits to graduate, or thereabouts. Maybe another year, if I apply myself. Two if I take it slow. I'm not worried - a degree is a degree. It's more important to get money right now. I really do want to stay in the area if we can. I like this area. I can go to the communiversity if I stay here.

Hm. Well, more updates later.

~Fox
:: Fox 5/02/2005 11:38:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?