:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 ::
::yawns:: Morning, all.
Well, these days off have been terribly nice, I can't even pretend otherwise. I wish I didn't have to work so much and I could have stretches off like this, but who doesn't?
I'm excited that Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is due out in theatres soon. Also fantastically excited about the Da Vinci Code movie, which by all counts is slated for next may. Still not thrilled with Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon though. He better not screw it up.
Um...I had a bad asthma attack the other night...thankfully Joey was there and I came down from it. It was pretty rough, though. Joey, without being a dick, has suggested that it may be a minor physical thing that my mentality is making a mountain of. He says my chest doesn't feel like it's raising any less during an attack than when I'm breathing normally. It hadn't occured to me before...but god DAMN it feel like my lungs are only filling halfway. Like, I'd bet money on it. It's painful and very stressful...thankfully it doesn't happen too often.
Last night was great, though. We made dinner and then hit the arcade, which was far too much fun. We had a bunch of points saved up, and, after looking around, decided on a george foreman small grill and a food processor (homemade hummus!)...they were supposed to be 57k, but the guy gave them both to us for 30!!! So we still have a chunk of tickets that will most likely go towards more kitchen-y things.
We walked along the beach after that for the first time in what feels like many months. It was wonderfully peaceful, and we were both so relaxed. I like getting a chance to talk with Joey, really talk - not about how terrible the house/his dad is, not about how much work sucks, but about all the small things, like his gardening and philosophical ideas. He wants to take a boating course together this summer, and of course I'm thrilled. Anything he wants to do as a couple thrills me. I feel like a high-schooler sometimes, in that sense.
I had lunch with Ryan yesterday, it was good to see him again. He's thinking about joining the Air Force, the dolt. Ah well. His choice. I just hope he doesn't get hurt. I'm happy that he and I are real friends, no weirdness. He makes me laugh and makes me feel like I can actually succeed at socializing with other people. I'm glad he and Joey met, and I'm very glad Joey trusts me enough to let me hang out with him. In a side note, the Broadway diner has amazing meatloaf, and equally amazing mozz sticks.
Uhm...yah. Gonna try and organize my closet today. We'll see how that goes. ;)
~Fox
:: Fox 4/06/2005 10:20:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|