:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Friday, April 15, 2005 ::

::waves::

So. Hm. Been reasonably content last few days; things have been alright. As far as news goes:

Tuesday, I went to Gloria's House (!!) in Manahawkin, the longest trip I've taken since setting out to the Cult Movie Overnight. Gloria gives good directions - I only had one mishap when I got on GSP north instead of south and had to backtrack...wasn't labeled well at all. We made soap with all the supplies she bought..she left me alone in her house without a second thought (had to pick up her son and see her daughter's track meet)...I've never really had anyone trust me like that. I was so touched! She has a beautiful house with a huge amount of plant life in the back yard and all around, ceilings I didn't bump my head on, room to move! I felt like I left the higher range of my blood pressure at the door. My lungs opened up, my heart opened up, I ate London Broil and salad with her family like I was one of them (which rocked, by the by). I love her cats, her dog, her family, and especially her. We got Italian Ice that kicked major amounts of ass, and, with more terribly good directions, I went home. Gloria took pics of our soapmaking escapades!

Wednesday night, I became hooked on the concept of the many tribute CDs a certain string quartet does for a ridiculously broad series of artists, from Norah Jones to The Killers to Beyonce. Been listening to snippets on our CD-sampling stations at work. I want to get the Audioslave, Rush, and Tool ones for Joey.

I met one of the writers for the show Strangers with Candy at work. Nice guy.

Yesterday, I helped a neighbor with her lawn - big project, but I love working with the earth - she's paying me 10 an hour, too. I happened to mention the soap, and she and our other neighbor wanted to see it. So, the joint venture of Gloria and I, our pagan soap line, had its initial run almost completely bought out by a pair of Uber-Christians. It's just too damn funny. Now we gotta make more.

Hm..that's about it for now. Gonna go with Joey now..he's shampooing his engine and getting his car ready to sell. He's buying a truck and I can't talk him out of it. ::sighs:: He needs it to cart around his keyboards for playing with friends. Why do I get the sinking suspicion that 90% of it is gonna be stuff he's "gotta" move for his dad?

~Fox
:: Fox 4/15/2005 08:53:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?