:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Saturday, April 09, 2005 ::

So, I did pretty much nothing with my time off.

I just couldn't muster up the will or energy. I really hate myself for it. I'm going to try and do at least a bit here before I have to go to work tonight. We stayed real late at Anita's last night, and I ended up having to drive home because Joey was nodding off, so I'm sleepy as a result.

I've decided that, as soon as financially plausible, I'm going to try my hand at Geocaching.

Speaking of finances...woof. Not working this week really knocked my on my ass, moneywise. I hadn't planned properly, and now I'm gonna have to do some last minute stuff to pay my bills. I'm gonna have to get a second job if BN can't give me more than 20 hours this summer. It would be about half my normal paycheck (250, so it would be 125...ouch) and I still owe 150 in rent somewhere along the line, and 200 for this month too. ::sighs:: I mean, I'm getting my CC debt paid down, thankfully...by the end of this month I'm hoping my capital one card will vanish entirely...but it's still a big hill to climb. Three cards to pay off, a cell phone, and car insurance, on top of rent.

Uhm...well. There's a lot of money in my account. This is hurting my brain. I thought that we got paid on fridays for the work we had done the previous saturday through thursday, but apparently, I was wrong. Okay, so this means *next* week will be the week I get paid for only 8 hours. Hm. Well, same problem, little more leeway before I gotta deal with it, I suppose. Ironically, if I quit, I get a full week's pay...40 hours. At this point, at least in the very short term, I would have made more money quitting than staying.

One of my favorite cafe people gave his notice...that makes me sad. Now cafe is *really* gonna be scrambling..they were pimping for people before he even mentioned he was leaving.

Also, I have insider info that someone else in my store is booking out of there, potentially 2 people...though honestly, I would love it if they both stayed because they rock. More hours into the work pool, I suppose, but at what cost?

The Q's expedition (Jeff Mach crew + my fave goth club in Newark) is fast approaching. Ris needs to be consulted. I really want to bring Joey, but I don't think he wants to/can join. I'm really just going to see my old friends...at this point, I'm so far removed from the subculture, I'm like the proverbial baby bird handled by humans...they won't have me back. To a point, I'm content in knowing that...I really do want to get on with my life.

Well, I suppose that's all for now. Hope everyone is doing wonderfully, more updates later.

~Fox
:: Fox 4/09/2005 10:20:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?