:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 ::

Hello all...had a few minutes before work started, so I figured I'd post.

Yesterday, I went to Manahawkin (over an hour drive! Go me!) to go visit my friend Gloria and to make soap. Since she and I both disliked our respective job situations, we decided to maybe fool around a little making soap and see if we made any decent money with it. We got raw supplies from an online dealer, and, with a little bit of bravery, luck, and a new double boiler, we did it! Wow..it's such a cool endeavor. We made some kickass looking soaps with great pagany molds we picked up...Gloria took some pics and I'll probably have them posted soon. We're hoping to sell them at Toni-Ann's Store. Man, Gloria lives in such a nice house..it's so big! Cathedral ceilings everywhere...can't tell you how awesome it was to stretch inside a house and not hit my hands on something. Our bathroom here is a drop ceiling, like offices have, but without the panels. In lieu of a light we have a worklight clamped to the track for the ceiling, complete with a metal grill in front of the light. The light's fine, but I'm almost always smacking my head or hands on it. Being in such a nice place with actual woods and such around made me really hope we're getting the hell out of here soon.

My money situation is..well, I mean, it looks fine on the surface, but my parents helped a lot. Mom got my car registration for me, and Dad's been slipping me money here and there. I still owe $150 to Joey for helping with rent on a month where I had no money, and I have to pay $200 this month still for rent, and I still have all my bills to cover. I mean, I can manage all that, but I have two issues: One, that because this was my first week as a non-manager, and I swapped for Rebecca's hours, I only had 8 hours last week, which means $48 bucks, and then minus the 15 or so for healthcare. However, I did work a double shift and picked up four extra hours for the *next* week, but that won't be coming until the Friday after next. My other issue is that we desperately need food for the house..we literally don't have a damn thing. Joey's got some money, but he set it aside to invest in stock in his mom's bank...they have a special thing where employees can buy it first and I think at a discount. They're about to do an IPO, and the internal stock has already split 2 or 3 times, and the company's on it's way up, I'm told. We don't know when the stock is going to be available, so he doesn't know if he can free up that money or what. I like to help with groceries, and try to get at least half, but I don't know if I'll even be able this month. It absolutely infuriates me that, despite repeated reminders there's no food in the house at all, and Joe out-and-out saying that he needs to know what day the stock's available because he could "really use that money for food" to his dad, his father hasn't offered so much as a penny. Joe makes breakfast, he comes in off the couch, eats, leaves the dishes on the table without so much as a thank you, and goes back to the couch. I clear off the dishes, and I wash them if I don't have to go right in to work, and they'll sit in the drainer until Joe and I put them away. And the world has to fucking stop if he has something to do. Today, Joe was doing laundry, and he went out and stopped the washer because he had to take a shower to go to the chiropractors - couldn't have done it last night or anything. The whole house has to stop what we're doing and facilitate him going to whatever pointless location he's decided to get off the couch for the only time that week for. He stomps around the house, squeaking and groaning with his back twinges, breathing like a gorilla through his nose, and making STUPID FUCKING GOD DAMN Tim-taylor-style growl/grumbles about EVERYTHING from the wind changing direction to a sock not going on correctly, and he does it LOUDLY. If he's not doing that, he's talking to himself and everyone in earshot in that motherfucking W.C. Fields on crack voice that makes me want to strangle him.

As you can most likely see, my ability to deal with the man is diminishing exponentially every given day I stay here. One of these days I'm going to explode, and the tenative peace Joe and I have here will be gone. I can only take so much. One of these days he's going to be saying something stupid, nonsensical, nauseating and irrelevant, as he always does, and I'm going to sucker punch him in the face. Honestly, at this point I don't want him anywhere near my future progeny, in the off chance they pick up something.

::growls:: Sorry. It's just been pent up and I haven't blogged in awhile. I have to go get ready for work now.

~Fox
:: Fox 4/13/2005 10:00:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?