:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 ::

Ok, so I'm quitting Barnes and Noble.

It's just...it's not gonna work. I'm more stressed out and unhappier than I was at Luigi's, for christ sakes. I've been since my first day of work. Things have not gotten better. A convo I had with my friend Jay:

Foxfyre33: I was working under the table for over a year, and this was my shot at being adult about my life for a change.
Foxfyre33: This was healthcare, a 401k, a steady, provable income.
Foxfyre33: I can't even manage to remember to close a safe. I mean, what the hell's wrong with me?
Foxfyre33: If I can't remember to close a safe at 22 years old, what the hell am I gonna do with myself?
(My friend Jay): what distracts you?
Foxfyre33: The pace in that place is insane. The managers are rough..
Foxfyre33: It's like "do this. No, wait, drop that, do this. (phone ringing) count that. Fill this out. (phone ringing)"
Foxfyre33: WHY didn't you complete that task I gave you? Where's this paperwork you had no time to fill out? Is there $4500 in the safe? 15 people are waiting on you to go home and it's midnight.."
Foxfyre33: Literally, that's my day.
(My friend Jay): and you're upset about quitting because...?
Foxfyre33: I don't have a backup plan.
Foxfyre33: I'm at that point where I'm so disgusted with everything I don't even want to give my two weeks'.
Foxfyre33: I want to call tomorrow and say "I quit, screw you."

And I really do. All this reading I've been doing about my credit score has me gun-shy, though. I'm realizing very quickly how dreadful a missed payment really is. I have four credit cards, a cell phone bill, and an insurance bill to pay every month, on top of the $200 I give Joe's dad for rent.

I have no idea what I'm going to do.

~Fox
:: Fox 3/16/2005 05:44:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?