:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 ::
Hello all...
Well, I've come to the conclusion that my work is possibly the most disorganized place I have ever held employment with. Nothing gets done when it is supposed to, despite exhaustive micro-time-managing, and everyone is expected to do a million things at once, to the end of the desired results being literally impossible to achieve. It's getting very tiresome, and shows no signs of letting up. Home office reduced hours to reflect sales, but they don't seem to realize that we need that many people to run the store, regardless of sales. The results are a lot of unsatisfied customers and not nearly enough people to run the info desk at any given time. A lot of things are being done that eat into productive time, things that would be a non-issue if we had enough people. The natives are getting restless and irritated with their superiors.
A friend of mine at work is having troubles, and I'm the only person in the store who knows what they are. It's some pretty heavy stuff. I'm keeping her in my thoughts and hoping she gets through everything alright. My only hope is that Kuan Yin will extend her the mercies she graced me with in my troubled times.
Joey and I have settled into a frenzied rythym of sorts. Unfortunately, our schedules never seem to mesh these days, so we spend evenings together. On the bright side, this perks up them...um...more personal...aspect of our relationship. Hehe. Hopefully I will be able to even out my schedule to match his soon. Looks like Fridays are going to be our days.
His older sister got very sick and dehydrated and had to go to the hospital last night. Thank god, she's ok. Frankly, I'm not at all surprised...poor thing runs herself ragged keeping house and raising and homeschooling the girls. Her husband has an unfortunately demanding job that calls on him to travel a lot, so she's alone often. I just hope things get better for her. I love her very much, and the girls too.
It's snowing pretty heavily outside now, a blizzard of sorts...hopefully it'll accumulate and work will be called off tomorrow. I can dream.
~Fox
:: Fox 3/08/2005 12:57:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|