:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Sunday, February 13, 2005 ::
So, Joe's ex Imed me last night.
This is the girl that I hate, a lot. The one who tried to steal Joey from me. The one who treated him like dogshit and cheated on him throughout their entire relationship. The one that, when I finally tired of her trying to contact him randomly after he definitively told her he wanted nothing to do with her, got a particularly chilled email from yours truly, laced with all the verbal barbs politeness allowed, saying in no uncertain terms that I knew where she lived and worked, and if it happened again, we were going to have a personal "discussion".
Well, she IMed me to tell me she was 'sorry', apparently. Almost probably 8 or so months after the email was sent. She's alone, having alienated and lied to too many people, and she wanted to say I was right, about everything. You may think this is just a particularly satisfying dream, but, oddly enough, it happened. We both kind of sheathed our claws for a bit and chatted. She's a sad character, I actually feel a genuine sadness for her.
I still am more than willing to cause something unfortunate to happen to her tires if she so much as gets a notion about my boyfriend again, but as it stands, it's an uneasy sort of peace.
I'm so fucked up in the head. I couldn't sleep last night, and I was staring at the ceiling, actually thinking of sending something valentine's-ish to her work and just signing it under a fake guy's name to give her Vday a little...I dunno. ::sighs:: I guess all women bond under the ickiness that is V-day without a date. I still might do it. I'm so masochistic.
Her IM was like Russ' (my first I-would-kill-someone-for-him puppy dog love-of-a-lifetime, he was 7 years older, I was 16. It was kind of twisted.) call this one night when Vince had screwed up my head for the millionth time....Russ said that losing me was the biggest mistake of his life, and he would do anything to marry me, right then.
So...the one that got away (and he's a dear, but thank *god*) calls me to basically tell me I am goddess-like and he is at my beck and call (this was before Joey and I were going out, FYI - I also told him, gently, that I wasn't interested. We're cool now.) and now my bitter rival all but shows her stomach in a gesture of submission. I don't get it, frankly. Very weird.
Also, Anne Rice sent me an email. Like, a personal one. I wrote her through her website to tell her that the Vampire books were great and I hoped she was doing well in the wake of the loss of her husband, and she writes me an email back. My life is verrrrry odd.
~Fox
:: Fox 2/13/2005 10:45:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|