:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Friday, January 21, 2005 ::

Hm.

I recorded an audblog (audio) post via phone yesterday, but it didn't take. Weird.

Anyhow, to bring everyone up to date, I did indeed get the Barnes and Noble job. Glenn almost screwed me over, I guess he had told my store manager that I "sat down most of the time". When there aren't any customers in the store and everything's done, of course! But jesus, I'm usually running around like a headless chicken when he's in the back on his fat ass reading the New York Post. Fucker almost cost me my job. To hell with him. I have a better job now.

I start Monday with my training. I'll be earning 8.25 right off the bat, don't have to muddle through "training pay", so that's nice. A 40 hour week straight out, too! Yikes! I had thought I would have to deal with a week or two of 20 hours, due to training. It's good, because there won't be any financial lag in between jobs now. I called, evidently we get paid every week -yay!

Last night I almost punched something. I was doing the dishes when Joey got home.

I was already in a very sour mood because Joey and I had gone grocery shopping the night before, and his dad furnishes us with a rattling off of items he wants, and, of course, gives not a red cent. 116 bucks later, Joey and I return from the store with our groceries. His dad, of course, is painfully sick (this is meant with at least partial sarcasm) and laid up on the couch, and Joey and I are carrying in groceries from the freezing cold and having to mind the door lest a draft get into his father, and carrying them to the kitchen and putting them all away.

The next morning, we're making breakfast, and I go out and ask his dad if he wants any oatmeal/eggs/toast, and he says no, he's afraid of his stomach being upset. So I make enough Oatmeal for Joe and I. After the oatmeal is put away, he decides he can choke some down, along with eggs and toast. It's not that I begrudge the guy food - I mean, he's sick, needs the energy, but he always finds a way to make everything inconvenient. So I put the dishes in the sink, because Joe and I are always on borrowed time in the morning, rushing out to work.

I get home - mail's still in the mailbox, house is exactly how we left it (which is true even when his father isn't the least bit sick) and the dishes are still in the sink. So I start doing them. Joey comes home from work and kisses me, and I mutter about it being really hard to do dishes in a full sink (meaning his father should try helping with that once in awhile) and Joey starts telling me I'm doing the dishes wrong anyway, that I'm wasting a lot of water and money and when we get our own place, I'm going to have to think about that and so on in this conversational vein. Well, I don't know about the rest of you girls out there, but the LAST damn thing I want when I'm already irritated and in chore-mode is someone nitpicking at my cleaning processes - the main reason it bugs the shit out of me is Joey's father does it *constantly* while doing *nothing* to maintain the house. You name a household chore, he's given me a lecture about it on his way from the bathroom to the couch. It's enough to drive me mad.

So, anyway, Joey is saying this to me, I pulled off my dishgloves, grabbed my keys, and left. I wasn't trying to be all drama-queen, but sometimes...I just..I get so violently angry at my living situation, and the horrible reality that Joey sometimes resembles his father. I'm sure I channel my mom's craziness, too, but I guess I'm deaf to it. Grah. I went to the arcade, played a few furious (and quickly lost) games of pinball, and got a bucket of chalk with some points, and went out in 0 degree weather and did a Desiderata chalk mural on the sidewalks of keansburg. I'm kind of amazed, in retrospect, no police stopped me for either defacing public property or leaving 'gang signs'. Then again, no police stopped by. Doesn't give me a lot of comfort regarding the safety of Keansburg Boardwalk.

I might get together with Gloria tomorrow, she's a great woman I met at the local New-age store when I was reading (filling in for my Aunt Sharon) and we became fast friends - lot in common! I'm excited :)

~Fox



:: Fox 1/21/2005 08:28:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?