:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Saturday, January 22, 2005 ::

Hello all -

After having slept on it, I've decided my hair still resembles a failed nuclear experiment. Wow. This is some *seriously* orange hair, people. The pic makes it look darker than it is.

It's freaking cold out. A lot. Supposed to get buried in snow today. Yikes. I promised Joey I'd get my tires checked, they're low on pressure. I should probably do that before the snow gets really bad. Right now, however, I'm wrapped in my old altar-cloth by means of clothing. I should really get some PJs or something...

- it is about 2 hours later and I not only got dressed, but went out and got my tire pressure checked like I promised Joey, and had breakfast at bevaqua's. I was *productive* - woohoo!

Also, my 'training schedule' - aka next week only - is:

Monday: 9-5:30
Tuesday: 3-11:30
Wednesday: 10-6:30
Thursday: 9-5:30
Friday 3-11:30

40 hours! I don't know if I've ever had full time status at a job before...here's hoping I live through it...

I was supposed to go get shoes for work today, but navigating that snowy mess out there is somewhat out of the question. Worst case scenario, I'll wear my boots and suffer the chiropractic consequences.

Do you know the gas station I went to for my tire pressure check was OUT of gas? Totally and completely OUT of gas. That's an incredible concept to me. People totally panic at the first sign of any kind of inclement weather. Today over breakfast, I was talking with some folks who told me all the stores were out of milk because the panic people bought all the milk. So, presumably, everyone is able to not only have milk for their cereal tomorrow, but they could potentially drive great distances if we weren't SNOWED IN AND EVERYTHING. Jesus.

As a side note, I found out from a former underwater construction worker (there are such things...the more you know ::cue music::) there is a crack in the foundation of the Goethals Bridge large enough that a big Italian guy could stand in it, substantial arms outstretched, and not touch a thing. The things you learn over breakfast...

~Fox

:: Fox 1/22/2005 09:49:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?