|
|
:: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 ::
::waves tiredly::
Pace I've been keeping is knocking me out. Yesterday, I got up at 9 to go to a fragrance testing panel for Focus world (like a consumer survey thingie...I did 3 half-hour ones on three different mornings, they gave me $70 bucks) and then another nearly right after for IFF. I have two more left to do on the IFF one, at 3:40 thursday and friday, and that one's fifty bucks. Usually I only do IFF ones that are about $15 a pop, so these two were kinda cool.
Been ebaying a bit...got a HUGE lot of pony stuff, complete with the really rare lavender dream castle, 25 or so ponies, the nursery, and the stable - plus a bunch of the ponies were flutter ponies with WINGS...extremely hard to find them that way. I might turn around and resell some of the stuff, I might not. Gotta see how it goes. Bought the whole damn thing for 60. It's a ridiculous deal, considering what I actually got...two of the flutters alone would make back that money for me.
Not getting a lot for my hard candy cosmetic auctions. I bought $25 worth of stuff for the freebies to resell them, the freebies were rare, and I'm barely pulling $5 apiece for them. I had Joey bid up on one because I didn't want to see it go for only $2. It's a nice dark red color anyway...might just keep it. The folk art ghost and witch I got didn't even get a single bid. Kind of depressing. I just pulled it off ebay because it's kind of grown on me.
Ah well, can't win them all. I'm going to keep up with the selling, though. I think eventually I'll get the hang of it and have more money coming in than going out.
Work is pissing me off, lately. They're cutting hours for no good reason, making one girl do the work of two almost constantly (and, I might add, this is the beginning of our busy season) not to mention sending her out an hour and half before the store closes, making it necessary for the manager (you guessed it) to do all the countergirl work. I don't think I need to say no one's gotten a raise, nor is ever likely to.
On thursdays, this guy comes in to give orders for friday, saturday and sunday. Jeff, from the Little Gym. It's a kids birthday party thing...but it's such bull. We charge them school rate on pies ($6) when they aren't even a real school, then they turn around and sell them for $14 a pie at their place. Now, normally I wouldn't care - hey, a profit's a profit. But this guy is the cheapest, slimiest person I've ever met, next to the people I work for. He pisses me off because he tries to cut every conceivable monetary corner, with no regard to the fact we already discount him heavily. He 'forgets' to bring the tips for the drivers, shorts us on payments we have to call him on...all sorts of things.
Now Bob, because he's cheap too, insists that instead of using the perfectly functional and highly efficent computer system we have in place, that everything for little gym has to be written by hand, each order for each day on a seperate piece (scrap paper, of course. God forbid I use a whole sheet on something as trivial as an order.) in sharpie. Now, I've been doing this for the better part of a year. I don't usually mess up that sort of thing. I do the weekend's worth, and they hang them on the order bar as needed for each day. LG usually calls to add or remove a pie from various orders, so they are certainly not incapable of calling us to ask something.
Well, I apparently wrote sausage, peppers, and onions instead of mushrooms, peppers and onions for two pies that were to be made on Saturday.
Okay. So they were made wrong. That was, indeed, my fault. But little gym DIDN'T CALL to say anything was wrong, or that they needed new/correct pies. Not even when I was talking to the girl on sunday when she was altering an existing order did she mention a fucking thing. They called MONDAY to talk to GLENN about it. Glenn pulls me aside when I get in Monday afternoon and asks me what I plan to do about it. I look bewildered, naturally, and ask him what he thought I should do. Basically, Glenn told me I could either PAY FOR THE PIES OUT OF MY PAYCHECK and he said Bob didn't have to be told about anything, or I could go to Bob myself, whatever I felt I wanted to do.
Yes, that's right. I am expected to cough up 18 bucks (nearly 3 hours pay) to pay for pies that these motherfuckers ATE and DIDN'T CALL WHATSOEVER to remedy. Basically, I'm buying an expensive lunch for someone I can't stand to be around. Not only THAT, but Jeff is so uppity about his 18 dollars that he called THREE TIMES monday, after Glenn had left, even after being told the first time Glenn wouldn't be in that night, but he ALSO SHOWED UP that night, and then, even after I told him the entire thing was my fault and I'd be paying out of my own pocket to fix it, he took it upon himself to CALL BOB AND TELL HIM EVERYTHING. Glenn said this afternoon he'd take care of it, but I have negative faith that a single thing is going to be solved, and I'm probably going to be walking into a hornet's nest tomorrow. I swear, if anyone says a damn word to me, my apron's going on the floor and my ass is walking out. I've had it with the abuse there...I deserve about eighty million times better than the absolute shit they put me through.
::sighs:: That's all for now.
~Fox
:: Fox 10/12/2004 10:01:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|