|
|
:: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 ::
Hello again, all.
Today was the first day of the new semester at school, and it didn't go too badly. Apparently, I can still take the midterm and final for Business Law 1 that I didn't pass last semester, and I don't have to pay for the class all over again. Now, I just have to study....
The English Club is going to be back up on its feet again very shortly, though our faculty advisior had asked us if maybe we could go back to every other week again, instead of every week. I ran into Rick and we caught up with one another, and, even though he has 15 credits this semester and won't be around much to run things, I'm glad to see him again. Brian, whom some of my readers may recall as my former friend who essentially stole my office in the club after beginning to date Rick's sister Sandy, thus forming a clique that excluded me, is off at Fairleigh Dickinson, never to bother us again. He and Sandy broke up over the summer, and he was apparently kind of a dick about it. So, I mean, I shouldn't be happy about the means it came to be, but I'm satisfied with the result. Brian was an ass to me, considering he was supposed to be a friend and fellow pagan.
Speaking of fellow pagans, I ran into one at work the other day...his name is Steve and he works for Casola Farms as a mechanic. He's got a glowy aura and laugh lines, and wears his pentacles (necklace and ring very similar to mine) out openly. We talked and I could feel relief on both sides at the discovery of another pagan so close. It's weird...we're communal-type creatures, but solitary at the same time. I hope he and I can become friends. I get along best with males, but I want to be sure he doesn't do drugs or think I'm up for grabs before I start hanging out with him on any regular basis, if I even do.
Uhm..whatelse. Work sucks, as always, and I'm just itching to get out of there, now. I'm going to apply at Barnes and Nobles within a week, damnit. I have to force myself to remember to get my resume printed out. I'm also considering Casola Farms more strongly than I was, at least for a seasonal position, because I've already worked there and now I have an ally on the grounds. Problem would be after the season, that's all.
Joey took me to the boardwalk the other night cause he's a sweetheart. We played skeeball and he won me a rare G3 (new generation) My little pony at a game, Cupcake...she's going for $15-20 on ebay right now. I went back the next day with Joey's younger sister (Sue, the pregnant one who's due the 20th) in tow and cleared out the stand of all the other rare ponies they had...gonna sell them on ebay. Came out of it with 5 cherry blossoms, 3 cupcakes, and 2 sweetsongs.
I've been on the MLP Arena, a my little pony collector's forum, almost every day, chatting with everyone...great, charitable group of people there. Warms my heart. :)
Tomorrow, I work...blegh...but at least bob the idiot won't be there. Thursday, back to school, and this weekend, maybe great adventure friday afternoon.
Holy crap...my birthday is a little over a week away...the 16th. Jesus. That's close. Gonna be 22...eek! My mom evidently read the blog entry that I missed her, and she wrote me "We CAN write, you know" and that's pretty much it, and I wrote her back an email that said the reason I wasn't talking to her was because she called me a disgrace to the family, and if she'd apologize for that and honestly make an effort to realize why it hurt me so much and crossed the line, I'd try and start a relationship with her again. Well, that was like, a week and a half or two weeks ago, and I've heard nothing, so I'm assuming she doesn't want to renew our relationship. I've been holding off on plans for my birthday to see if any conclusions were coming about, but apparently not. The date's fast approaching, and I'm not going to wait around any longer. I'm going to talk to Joey tonight and see if maybe I can get a few friends together and we can all go out and do something for my birthday.
~Fox
:: Fox 9/07/2004 06:47:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|