|
|
:: Friday, July 30, 2004 ::
Well, yesterday I stopped by Pier One and dropped off my application. My hopes aren't too high because the first thing the manager (a woman with a blinding smile and a *very* firm handshake) asked me was if I'd be willing to work in other locations, as an assistant manager (I put that down as my first choice of position). I mean, maybe it does bode well for a job in the company entire, but I don't really want to be driving out to friggin ocean every day and shit. She says she'll get back to me at the end of next week. Ten bucks she doesn't.
I really hate job hunting, because all these retail stores advertise out the ass that they have millions of job openings, and yet when you get there, they have none, have never had any, and are only "accepting applications", which is a polite slang for "your resume will be lining my parakeet's cage tomorrow".
Lets see where the other Pier Ones are around here...Oakhurst, Freehold, East Brunswick...I mean, freehold might not be so bad, but it says here it's 15 miles away. How much you want to bet that 15 miles runs straight through a morning-traffic-clogged intersection several times? Nine's the earliest they open, so I suppose that's alright. What I'm mainly worried about, potentially switching jobs, is what it's going to do to Joey and I. He works a 10-6 job, so if I got the morning shift, it'd mean leaving before he does in the morning, and if I got the late shift, it'd mean getting home much later than he does at night. I'm not going to handle that sort of change very well at all, I can say that.
Our anniversary is on Sunday...we went through a lot of plans for it, and really, I was hoping to at least take a mini-vacation and get a hotel somewhere in Pennsylvania, but of course it isn't to be. He has to work on the truck, my mom wants us to clean out the house (and she DAMN well knows it's our anniversary..she's doing it for spite) and a million other things that constantly combine to ruin whatever I want. I mean, I didn't think it was all that much to ask, but apparently, it is. I'm quietly depressed over the whole ordeal. Joey's promised me that Sunday will be just for us, but I'm sure something will ruin it, because something always does. His mom wanted us to go on a canoe trip tomorrow...I have my female time, the rivers are totally swollen with floodwaters, and his dad's back, if the constant sounds of pain he makes are any indication, is almost always out of comission. Not to mention I *know* that sunday would be a complete wash if we did, because we'd be so tired we couldn't do anything the next day. I'm already kind of worried about doing everything Sunday because everything closes early. Joey says he finally wants to get our portraits done, so I suppose that's heartening. Can you believe he was going to get me Norah Jones tickets? He is such a sweetheart.
I'm in the middle of making him a scrapbook. We already have a photoalbum, I thought a scrapbook would be cute. Female, I know, but I somehow think he'll appreciate it. Found a lot of cool stuff at the craft store. I found out that rubber glue and vellum don't really like each other much. Go figure.
~Fox
:: Fox 7/30/2004 09:25:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|