:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 ::

Life 0, Magnetic Poetry 1.

I've come to the conclusion that life kind of sucks sometimes.

I volley between post-teen drama queen and detached, older, introspective person-type-of-thing, but it remains that life tends to spoil three glasses of milk for every fresh one it allows into existence. If you ask me, it's really not very fair. I wish I could demand a recount. I think someone poked too many chads out of my will to live.

Anyway, today was another one of my pretty-much-all-day B&N (Barnes and Noble to the blaspheming, unread layperson!) fests, gorging myself on the likes of David Sedaris and kind of spacing out playing with the magnetic poetry display. I came out of it with a cat crimes sci-fi anthology, a love anthology (it has to be my hundredth by now...) and a magnetic poetry, 400-word set - soon, I'm sure, to be followed by many more.

So, that being said, I've decided that Magnetic Poetry is better than life, at least the life that I, personally, currently hold. Why, you ask?

1.) My life cannot adhere to refridgerators.
1a.) I cannot spell refridgerators properly at least half the time, yet I would be able to if the word were printed on, oh, I don't know, a small black-on-white magnetic square.
2.) My life cannot be considered "artsy" or "with it" except rarely, and then only under extremely dim and foggy conditions, whereas with M.P. it takes but a careless rearranging of squares.
3.) I have yet to, even with the helpful aid of a website that calculates my worth on the black market from basic personal statistics, found a fair price for my life. Magnetic Poetry? $10.99-19.99.
4.) My life is accessible on the internet only through a barely-read and sketchy-at-best homespun weblog/website combo, whereas magnetic poetry is available for sale at B&N, Amazon, Ebay and it's own website to name very few. You can use it online free of charge.


So, there you have it. Irrefutable proof.

Viva la MP.

~Fox
:: Fox 7/06/2004 07:28:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?