:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Thursday, May 13, 2004 ::

I find I have an issue with my weblog.

I have a lot of emotional troubles that I find become considerably less difficult to manage when I vent them here. However, I realize to the average reader I probably seem severely bipolar, jumping between thoughts of death and something shiny I saw on the side of the road the other day.

I apologize.

My options were either to continue uncensored with this odd dichotomy of thought processes or to begin a new blog.

"Searching for Puck" began as a day-to-day recount of my life, with a heavy emphasis on my mostly-unsuccessful dating experiences. Begun just before Christmas, 2001, it was my first real step in getting over an abusive first-love relationship that ended as badly as it possibly could. It has grown into a huge and much-beloved digital representation of the inside of my mind. Always honest, I am happy to be able to say that I have never taken back a single word of opinon on behalf of anyone's request in the entire existence of this blog. The only changes I have made were the exclusion and subsequent "john-doe"ing of certain full names or addresses when the subject voiced concerns to me.

2 and a half years, 10 moves, and 542 posts later, I am a decidedly different person with a decidedly different life. SfP (as a good friend calls it) has remained with me, always ready to take on my concerns and give my friends an outlet of understanding and ability to help that I might not have been able to ask for without this cyber-shield of expression. It has grown with me, my thoughts becoming more detailed and introspective as my life went on. This is a moving book - a shifting spine of pages that offer up my life to everyone. Instead of changing the telling of my actions, my blog has made me change the actions themselves - by committing myself to honesty in writing here, I have made living an honest life the only way to 'look good on paper', as it were.

So, to make a very long story short, SfP is staying, strange pairings of despair and tinfoil balls notwithstanding.

Blogger, let me just say this to you - YOU ARE AMAZING. The rest of the worldwide web is busy milking every penny out of the public they can, and here you sit, doling out free, dependable, and (USEFUL) feature-rich services, sneering in the face of the money-grubbing post-dot-com internet. I love you love you love you for giving me SfP and keeping my old posts safe. I will be first in line to snag stock when you go public, I want to be a part of the revolution of digital expression you have become a champion of. Thank you!!!

People, go to http://www.Blogger.com and start a weblog. You get free commenting features, free audioblog (just call a non-900 california number, talk for 3 minutes, and it's automatically posted to your blog as an audio file!), free e-mail posting, and tons of other stuff. Trust me, no gimmicks, no strings, just pure expression, always ready, always reliable.

~Fox
:: Fox 5/13/2004 10:39:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?