:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Monday, March 01, 2004 ::

So much for returning to the norm.

Ah yes, my readers, in the space of a short two-week hiatus, my world has managed to upend itself yet again, and the constancy of my seven-month habitatory habits remanifests.

Joe's father is possibly the unhappiest, most bitter, and just plain negative older man I have ever had the displeasure of knowing. There is a great big backstory associated with this, but I haven't the presence of mind to go about typing it right now, and I doubt there are any readers to peruse it at this point anyway, due to my lack of recent entries.

Let's skip the drama for now. End result = Joe and I live at my house now. Hopefully, this will work the way I'm hoping, namely, that it will. I was counting on having a reasonably enthusastic moving-mate, but instead I have a shadow. He maintains that he wants to move and he wants to do this, but my female's intuition says better. Worst case scenario, he moves back and I'm out a boyfriend. I know I sound callous, but the truth is that I've been through a lot this weekend and I've just about reached the end of my patience. I've tried to take his father with a huge grain of salt and have been repeating the mantra that my parents weren't exactly shining examples of child raising either, these past six months, but this 'talk' he had with me Saturday night took the last ounce of my goodwill in exchange for not stabbing him. Joe's either with me or he's not. I'm not letting parents get between my signifigant other and I anymore. I'm not getting any younger, and if I wanted high school drama, I'd be dating a high schooler. It turns my stomach that a 50 year old man would sink to the levels this one did, but I guess there's no accounting for taste. Or basic human decency, for that matter. Let him wallow in his self-pitying diatribes. I won't be the target anymore. Nor will Joe, if he wants to ever get on with his life.

~Fox
:: Fox 3/01/2004 08:26:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?