:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Thursday, February 05, 2004 ::
My mood's on a rare upswing, so I figured I'd better do a semi-normal sounding update before my high school councelors descend on me again with DYFS in tow, just for old times' sake.
I'm sitting in the B-dale library at the moment, and there's a scent of something in the air that's definately noticible and mildly unpleasant because of that fact.
I'm killing time between classes (next one isn't til 6) and relaxing a little via catalog shopping and some potential website updating. I get frustrated with homestead and working on school computers because I have to re-download the software each time and it takes forever to sync up because I have so many damn files on my homestead account. My site needs a new look. I'm thinking of even changing the header, which has always been the same... Foxfyre used to be my handle waaaay back when I was still in the free-forum roleplay chats of AOL's now-defunct Rhy'Din. In reality, I *was* Foxfyre333 (note the reference to 9, there) until I gave my password up in my ignorance of the first wave of account stealers. Then I became Foxfyre323 until mom couldn't pay the account any longer. Then, quite a few years back, Foxfyre33, where I remain now.
It's stale cigarette smoke and wrigley's chewing gum, that smell.
My psuedonym has become, after many incarnations, Fox Mackenzie. I think it has a very nice ring to it, and is professional-sounding enough to fly once I start designing ad campaigns. Hence, I am slowly but surely coming under the notion to, once I have money and time, buy a domain name - not FoxfyresDen.com as I had originally planned, but FoxMackenzie.com. It's more unique to me and sounds less like a porn site.
The artwork on the site is becoming a little stale and youthful-looking. I want a more adult website, one where my works are a little more organized, and the photographs aren't so "look at me, I'm single." In retrospect, I did kind of put forth an image of attention-whoring. So sue me.
So yeah. I'm debating a stylized fox head, with the eyes being my pictures, the ears some of my song clips, and the forehead my poetry, etc...we'll see how it goes. I'd have to segment the image as separate files and join them together later, if I did that. Maybe some flash text as a rollover. Hopefully I can manage that with Homestead's limited technology and my own limited expertise.
Gonna go kick Noah's ass because he's sitting next to me talking on his cell in the middle of an otherwise quiet library. The illuminati is going to kidnap us both. Oranges.
~Fox
:: Fox 2/05/2004 04:55:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|