:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 ::

I think I'm finally starting to re-enter the land of the living.

While each day continues to be a struggle for both my nerves and depression, it isn't dehabilitating as much anymore, and I feel that most of the time it will abate on its own. Stemming from words of councel on the part of my school friend Noah, as well as some fairly angry words on the part of my boyfriend, I've pushed with all my being to let what has been bothering me for so long go....and, tenatively, I think it may be working, even if only a little.

Valentine's day was a very nice time...the night before valentine's, Joey and I decided to beat the crowds of the next day and go get dinner. We hit Mulberry Street Foccaciaria around the corner from my house and had a very nice dinner, albiet with a few too many broken pieces of dinnerware around us for our tastes. After that, we headed home and changed into casual clothes and hit Funtime America, where we beat the Jurassic Park 2-person shooter and took some photos inside a photo booth that aren't fit for a wallet, if you get my drift. Unfortunately, the machine malfunctioned and I'm still pretty paranoid there may be evidence floating inside the hastily unplugged machine. We left pretty quickly and decided to not return for a few months.

Valentine's day proper, Joey had to work, so that sucked, but we had the evening to ourselves. I came home and made him stand in the Laundry room while I set up the remote-control sub I bought for him in the fishtank. I got him two subs of different makes, 2 silver-dollar guppies that he had wanted even though I thought they were ugly, and three red plastic hearts (one of each tank). I also got a pretty statue for our desk. Joey got me a *beautiful* dozen roses, such high quality it looked like someone pulled them out of a teleflora ad. (Sadly, he added Advil instead of tylenol to the water, and I'm not saying it DID kill them, but I'm not saying it didn't, either. I'm just saying the two occasions seemed awfully coincidental.) He also got me a *knight*, of all things, and I just love it to pieces. He also got me chocolates and a really sweet card, with some lottery tickets in it. Pics coming soon, with any luck.

Last night we went on an impromptu drive to go get bubble tea, had dinner at a really sweet italian hole-in-the-wall next to Fusion Ti, and then he surprised me by taking me over to the adult store we've both been eyeing but had yet to visit. It's way classier than the Woodbridge place of Espresso-maker fame, and I just like the atmosphere better, so that's my new go-to place for anything adam and eve doesn't provide. It was Ladies' night and I got a free riding crop. You gotta love it. They also gave me this little goody bag with a pillow-pack of lube, a condom, a chocolate and a business card. I mean, hell, of COURSE I'm gonna go back. I have a massive obsession with little kits and freebies. Hence my love for Adam and Eve.

Tonight, we went to the gym for the first time together, and I have to admit I kind of like it. It's a lot less daunting when Joey's with me, and he guided me through everything and didn't complain once about my wussiness or the fact I looked really goofy in my impromptu and ill fitting "gym" clothes. He even helped bind me up with like, 4 ace bandages before we went so I wouldn't bounce around up top and hurt myself. That's love right there.

We're gonna eat some chicken and watch "Some Like it Hot", so I gotta scoot!

~Fox


:: Fox 2/17/2004 09:21:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?