:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 ::
In the interest of fairness, I will say the last post was a discussion that Joey and I had over a week ago...I just felt it needed to be put to print so I could stop being upset about it.
I dyed my hair last night, well, actually, mom did. Came out really nice. It's a shame she seemed to rush through the whole process because American Idol was coming on. We went to Walmart after we both got out of work to do a little shopping. I hadn't really wanted to go shopping....I just wanted to hang out with mom and catch up and stuff. I'm kind of dissapointed because she rushed us through the store pretty much the whole time...I doubt we were there more than a half hour....she had to get home because it was 'pizza night' for her and Joe and god forbid she miss that to spend time with her daughter. It's getting to be exactly like the Don situation all over again...I don't feel welcome in my own house, I can't spend time with my mom, I have a supposed father-figure who couldn't be less of one....I mean, all that's missing is a lot of alcohol and a grown man trying to make out with me and crying all the while. Whatever.
I realized I'm spending a crapload of time with Joe's family. It's nice, don't get me wrong...it's just...I don't know. It gets kind of exhausting. Thanksgiving at his grandmothers, christmas eve at his grandmothers, christmas afternoon at his aunt's, last saturday at his sister's for his dad's birthday, and last sunday in church (blegh) for his cousin's daughter's baptism. Just feels like I've been seeing these people a lot.
How'd the party go, you ask? Not too bad. Good food and I got to see his neices, whom I love. His father, however.....well, it was a surprise party, right? Joey and I had to get him there under the auspices of it being a birthday dinner for Joey's sis Anita, whose b-day was conveniently the day before. Joey and I did a quick run to sears (at the tune of 300 bucks on power tools and an $80 car creeper that was my present to him) and shoved everything in the trunk. Now, I really wanted to try and get along with his dad once and for all...this silent emnity he throws at me is getting a bit too much at times. However, on the way to Luca's baptism, he threw our eventual getting along back into the proverbial dark ages. Here is the actual, unprovoked, and in context discussion.
(Pulling through a toll booth on the way to Luka's baptism. I notice a faded bumper sticker in the window of the booth. Bear in mind that Joe's dad isn't particualrly politically aligned for anything.)
Me: Hey...'Hate Bush, Love America"...that's a good bumper sticker.
JD: There's no such thing as a good bumper sticker. You know what putting a bumper sticker on a car is like?
Me: Well, no, I mean...
JD: It's like me going to your church in the middle of one of those high ceremonies, with everyone there, and walking up and taking a shit right in the middle of the altar.
I mean, really. What CAN you say to that? It's just absolute antireligious vulgar madness. I'm still reeling.
Add that to the fact I just found out I have carpal tunnel syndrome, I hate my job, joe hates his and is probably going to quit, and has recently informed me that we're having 'too much sex' , and you have the cause of all my stress.
~Fox
:: Fox 1/20/2004 10:07:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|