:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Thursday, November 13, 2003 ::

Well, Vince is okay, after a fashion. He has trouble with migranes and there's something wrong with a nerve in his head that time may or may not fix. They may have to inject him with some kind of modified neurotoxin to keep the swelling down. Hope like hell he'll be okay.

The open mic was last night for English club, and it didn't really go as well as we'd hoped. The guy who we made the booking with, Eric Ginsberg, didn't even show, so I was left to my own devices with Paul, the guy who owns the Internet Cafe. We made 32 bucks, when all was said and done - the readings were kind of...I don't know. They seemed half-hearted and cloying, even mine. We did have a guy do 'I like big butts' by sir mix-a-lot on an acoustic guitar...it was a really big hit. But all in all, not nearly enough people came and it was a really thin event. I was especially dissapointed, because I had run around ridiculously before the event, buying batteries for my SLR Manual camera and the flash, driving to B-dale to get the cashbox from the cubicle, setting up the change with Paul, the whole bit. Seemed like it was kind of for nothing, when all was said and done.

Joey came to the open mic...he said he liked some of the readings, but I have a feeling, if given the chance, he wouldn't do it again. He looked really bored at more then one point.

Ryan came and visited me at work yesterday, cause I told him to. He came to the open mic too, and later we hung out. He read a piece that had to do a little bit with me, I think, so it touched me. He's a lonely guy, Ryan, and I hate to see him unhappy, even if he can be maddeningly frustrating at times. I think hanging out with me makes him a little happier.

I should be driving to MicroEcon right now, because I've been missing way too many classes of it, but the fact remains I *have* to do this report for Occult Literature, because it's two weeks overdue. Hell, I don't even know if he'll accept it at this point, but I have to try. Fuck. I just realized I can't make up my Econ class on Tuesday like I was planning because I'll be in Louisiana. I really can't blow off this class, cause it's important to my transcript. Damnit. What should I do? It's like, an 8 or 9 page paper for Occult Lit, I don't think I can manage it in the space of an hour and a half. I'll have to check what the actual length really is. Damnit

In other news, I hate my job, and I also hate people who order food. If you ask me, delivery is the worst idea in existence. People have come to believe they are *entitled*, for a dollar, to have food brought to them like they are visiting royalty. Woe to the world if we make a mistake and it takes over an hour. I entered a woman into the computer as a pick up instead of a delivery yesterday (I'd like to offhandedly mention that the button for either is about a half-centimeter from the other on a touch screen that sits below eye-level) and she told Glen, once I fixed it and he brought it out, that she would never order from us again. It was only a difference of maybe a half hour or so! I understand people are hungry, but for christ sakes...don't they understand that we're *people*? They treat us like pieces of the insignifigant machine whose sole purpose in life is to bring them food. Makes me sick. Glen, of course, yelled at me, and told me that none of the other girls ever mixed up the buttons, and he'd always believe the customer over me because they gave him money and I did not. Oh, yeah, *that's* an excellent way to judge character. I can't believe I'm taking this bullshit. I'm 21 years old, a college student of Marketing, and I'm working with a bunch of 15 year olds serving pizza to ungreatful masses of local trash. For 7.50. I desperately need a new job, because this one is driving me nuts.

::sighs:: guess I should get ready for econ. Peace, everybody.

~Fox
:: Fox 11/13/2003 08:28:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?