:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 ::

Well, things haven't looked up any.

I mean, save for the fact I got a 96 on an Advertising test and a B on my Brit Lit midterm. Those are the only bright spots.

I called Joey after class last night and we were trying to figure out details of my coming over, and he tells me his dad's threatening to kick him out of the house if I don't apologize.

Apparently, he claims I snapped at him when I was switching pots the fatal night I last cooked. I didn't. And I'm not going to fucking apologize for something that didn't happen to a man I've come to believe is acting like a damn 2 year old.

So, in essence, I can't go over there anymore and I may have to apologize to him to keep Joey in the house. If I do, I'm not sure I can continue this relationship. My pride is still extremely wounded from a lot of incidents in my recent years, and, after Jon, I vowed that I would never let anyone compromise my sense of self-worth again if I had any say in the matter. I don't know if I can go on pretending everything is alright when it isn't. Joey's family expects him to take care of his dad, which means that he's not going to have independence, and his father will be a constant factor in our life together.

I've done all I can to be a pleasant houseguest, and his father even remarked, unbidden, the week prior to this idiotic incident, that I was a wonderful houseguest, he enjoyed having me, loved my cooking, and I was welcome anytime. I cook for those guys,clean up after myself, help Joey with his schoolwork, do the dishes, and this is the thanks I get. Disrespect. Shortly before the incident, I had to sit down and watch an episode of Dragonball-Z (Which Joey KNOWS has massive amounts of bad memories for me) because the girl in it makes a squeaky sound like my voice does when someone tries to tickle me. They both know that I'm self-consious about my squeak, but his Dad actually set up the whole tape before I came over that night and was betting with Joey about where in the tape the squeak was. They found it, and he just kept rewinding and replaying it, over and over until I got up, left the room, and ate my dinner in the kitchen. Why should I have to stand for this?

All this, three days before my father's wedding. I should be writing a good wedding toast, not worrying about the future I may or may not have with the man who may or may not be flying with me. Joey says he's coming, no matter what, but his dad is supposed to drive us to the airport, and I am so not getting in a car with that man for an hour. I think I may ask my mom to drive us. I have a feeling Joey's dad is going to pitch a hissy fit if Joe leaves with me instead of forcing me to apologize to him to salvage the ride to the airport, might even kick him out of the house. It's not bad enough that Henry ruined my last vacation to New Orleans, now I have to have my next one, and my Father's Wedding, potentially ruined by the father of my boyfriend who isn't even going. What the fuck IS this shit?

My own problems aside, it sounds like something is very wrong on Vince's end and I'm worried sick. We both have our tendencies to leave up dismal away messages and stomp off to bed, but this sounds serious. I'm hoping he calls soon and lets me know he's alright.

~Fox
:: Fox 11/11/2003 08:36:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?