:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Saturday, November 08, 2003 ::

There's this guy, Ben. He IMed me out of the blue one night and said hello. When pressed as to how he found me, he would only say 'through your profile' and give no further details. I've tried to humor him and give him the benefit of the doubt when he says he's just trying to be friendly, but every conversation I have with him seems to edge uncomfortably close to him not comprehending I have a boyfriend. When I remind him of that fact, he says he likes to have an 'open mind' (he has a girlfriend too). He comes off as cocky, dense, and very singleminded. With that intro done, let me share with you a clip of one of our conversations -

Marketben [12:06 PM]: hello
Foxfyre33 [12:06 PM]: .
Foxfyre33 [12:06 PM]: Hello ben.
Marketben [12:06 PM]: How are you today, Fox?
Foxfyre33 [12:08 PM]: I'm fine.
Marketben [12:08 PM]: Busy?
Foxfyre33 [12:08 PM]: A bit, why, what's up?
Marketben [12:08 PM]: Just enjoy chatting with you
Marketben [12:09 PM]: I'd like to get to know you better.
Foxfyre33 [12:10 PM]: Alright, ask away then.
Marketben [12:10 PM]: Tell me about you
Marketben [12:10 PM]: Your passions...desires.
Foxfyre33 [12:10 PM]: I like writing, and I like music.
Marketben [12:10 PM]: what kinds?
Foxfyre33 [12:11 PM]: Right now, I'm listening to Emile Pandolfi.
Foxfyre33 [12:11 PM]: Classical pianist that re-does contemporary pieces.
Marketben [12:11 PM]: cool
Marketben [12:11 PM]: i love classical
Marketben [12:11 PM]: what else?
Foxfyre33 [12:12 PM]: :;shrugs lightly:: I can appreciate all things. I sing.
Marketben [12:12 PM]: Good voice?
Foxfyre33 [12:12 PM]: Fairly. There is a clip on my website.
Marketben [12:12 PM]: cool
Marketben [12:13 PM]: Are you into goth?
Foxfyre33 [12:15 PM]: Yeah.
Marketben [12:15 PM]: In what ways?
Marketben [12:17 PM]: ?
Foxfyre33 [12:17 PM]: I don't know..dress, action, music...whatever.
Marketben [12:18 PM]: How do you normally dress?
Foxfyre33 [12:19 PM]: These days, jeans and a t-shirt.

Marketben [12:19 PM]: How about when you go out?
Foxfyre33 [12:19 PM]: Depends where I'm going.
Foxfyre33 [12:19 PM]: To the club, I'll go to the nines in a foxtaila nd latex and stuff.
Foxfyre33 [12:20 PM]: But it's just too much work to do all the time.,
Marketben [12:20 PM]: yeah...true
Marketben [12:20 PM]: i love latex
Marketben [12:20 PM]: How do you like your man to dress?
Foxfyre33 [12:20 PM]: He's not goth.
Foxfyre33 [12:21 PM]: He looks very nice in jeans and a black tight t-shirt he has.
Marketben [12:21 PM]: is he muscular?
Foxfyre33 [12:21 PM]: Yes, and taller than me.
Marketben [12:21 PM]: cool
Marketben [12:21 PM]: You're physically attracted to him?
Foxfyre33 [12:21 PM]: Of course.
Marketben [12:21 PM]: That's great
Marketben [12:21 PM]: Do you feel like you can't keep your hands off him?
Foxfyre33 [12:22 PM]: With all due respect, please tell me why you would be interested in this.
Marketben [12:22 PM]: Just to see how you feel
Marketben [12:22 PM]: I like to get to knowa person...all facets.
Foxfyre33 [12:22 PM]: Including my sexual chemistry with my boyfriend?
Marketben [12:23 PM]: sure
Foxfyre33 [12:23 PM]: Sorry, that's not how normal people who are just trying to be friendly talk.
Foxfyre33 [12:23 PM]: Psychologically, you're looking for chinks in the armor where you can insinuate yourself as a secondary choice.
Marketben [12:23 PM]: Well...maybe i'm normal



I mean, what the hell? I even call him on it and he just tries to ignore the fact I'm pointing it out. I just don't get it.

~Fox
:: Fox 11/08/2003 12:17:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?