:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Sunday, November 30, 2003 ::
Thanksgiving went really well...we went over Joey's grandparents house and I met most of the family that I hadn't already met. His family seems to like me, so that's good. I got to see the girls and kelly was in my lap most of the time - she's such a sweetheart. Anita (his sister), his grandmother, and Melissa, one of his cousins, and I all sat in the Kitchen for awhile talking about children and childbirth...any of the hapless males who stumbled into the kitchen for leftovers quickly made an exit...it was kind of funny.
Vince came over to visit on Friday I believe it was. It was good to see him, but I was slightly worried because I didn't know really how to act around him. It was the first time we had seen one another since Joey and I became a solid thing. I did my best to keep it platonic and light, but I could see he was kind of hurt. I wish there was something I could do, but the fact remains that I made a choice. I was very stupid when I was younger and hurt a man who loved me dearly and thought I was faithful because I cheated on him. I promised I'd never do that again, and I refuse to now. I paid my penance for my sins against Roger and learned my lesson - love promised is love kept. I offered a relationship to Vince before Joey and I got together, and he turned it down, citing distance and a number of other things, all of which are still in place. I have spent the last few months getting to know a really wonderful guy and I've fallen in love with him. I refuse to feel guilty for one of the few things that's gone right in my life. I wish it were different, but it isn't. I'm afraid I lost my friend because I can't give him what he's asking of me.
Right now I'm at Joe's...I stayed later this morning because I was sleepy, so I stole his bed. I went out shopping yesterday and picked up some christmas gifts for some people. I'm very tired and getting sick, I think. The season changes always kick me in the ass.
~Fox
:: Fox 11/30/2003 12:11:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|