:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Monday, October 13, 2003 ::

This past weekend was possibly the worst of my life.

Foxfyre33: This weekend was a complete cthulu souffle, dude.
AtamaRav: Ah yes, do tell!
Foxfyre33: Okay...that'll work, then I can just post this.
AtamaRav: ?
Foxfyre33: I didn't wanna retype the story.
AtamaRav: ooooooooooh
Foxfyre33: Okay, so we're leaving saturday morning, right?
Foxfyre33: 7:00 am, I have to be at school, 15 minutes away. That's bad enough.
AtamaRav: we are? Or is this your story?
AtamaRav: alrighty
Foxfyre33: I get there, get my stuff loaded, fine. The plan is to get there by 10 (registration is 10-12) and register.
Foxfyre33: It's in Pa, and all.
AtamaRav: k
AtamaRav: riiiiight
Foxfyre33: I start feeling woozy on the trip up, coughing a little more than usual. I started out with what I thought were the end vesitiges of a cold, but it was in fact the eye of the viral storm.
AtamaRav: crarp, not the marians
AtamaRav: *martians
Foxfyre33: Sorry, anyway..
AtamaRav: sorry bout dat, go on!
Foxfyre33: I got there, and sat down to write my ADS (afterdinner speech) which still wasn't written cause I was busy working or having the flu when I should have been writing it..
AtamaRav: mmmmmhmmmmm
Foxfyre33: I sat in their library and Anna and I busily typed and printed and cut and glued onto notecards. I'm getting hotter, and hotter, and hotter...
AtamaRav: uhhuhhh
Foxfyre33: I go to the bathroom to get some cold water on my face, and do female things, cause it was my time and I had really bad cramps, too...
Foxfyre33: Found out some kinda bad female-related stuff happened....lets just say I was REALLY glad I wasn't wearing white..
AtamaRav: Hot...Dawg
Foxfyre33: So there I am, in a strange library a full state away, in a hot polyester suit and tight heels, bleeding all over the place, running a 101 fever, and trying to write a 10 minute speech I have to memorize in the next four hours.
Foxfyre33: Something's stuck in my tooth, so I floss and it comes out.
Foxfyre33: Oh, wait, that IS my tooth. Nice.
AtamaRav: holy CRAP
Foxfyre33: Mind you, this is only at 2pm. I'm at that place til 9 that night. So now I'm all of the above, AND have a huge gaping hole where half a molar should be.
Foxfyre33: Can't drink or eat, terrible cripping pain.
AtamaRav: God, you sound like me about to go on a date...
Foxfyre33: Finally get my speech done, then I collapse in the bathroom, because I don't want to look undignified in front of strangers.
Foxfyre33: My face is BRIGHT red, I'm running such a fever I'm delerious.
Foxfyre33: My teammates haul me out of the library, quietly rambling.
Foxfyre33: I manage to pull it together for my 5:45 round. I give my speech, and promptly go and throw breakfast up.
Foxfyre33: Then I go from the bathroom to what I THOUGHT was my next room, at 8pm, but was in fact the room for 8am the NEXT MORNING. I miss half my round, and rush into the correct room to speak last.
AtamaRav: Fucking A, did Trysah come with you??
Foxfyre33: I stumble through the round, shaking visably because, well, I had just thrown up, and finish. Then go throw up again.
Foxfyre33: Then we went to dinner, I fall into my hotel room, and go to sleep after using drugstore stuff to fill my broken cavity and chugging some robitussin.
Foxfyre33: Cue 5:30 the next morning (mind you, I went to sleep at 11)
AtamaRav: ...gag...
Foxfyre33: Gather everything, head back to this college. Give my ADS at 8, then I have 10 minutes to get to my first round of prose/impromptu.
Foxfyre33: Prose: Me reading a 10 minute story about the ocean quitting it's job.
AtamaRav: hah
Foxfyre33: Impromptu: Me reading a random quote for a few seconds, getting two minutes to prepare a 5 minute speech with an opening intro, 3 points, and conclusion, then giving it.
Foxfyre33: I was Double-entered, which means I had to do one, then run like hell to the other, every round.
AtamaRav: ...wow...
Foxfyre33: After my ADS, my voice started slowly dying.
Foxfyre33: So, first round, running like an idiot, barely audible, hacking...
Foxfyre33: it just gets worse and worse.
Foxfyre33: In the course of 8-5, I gave 7 10-minute speeches in various events.
AtamaRav: I am very glad to see you and I want to ehar the rest of whats happened, but I realized I have to go to school now...
AtamaRav: holy FUCK
Foxfyre33: Oh, yeah. It's fine dude. Go ahead.


End of the story is that I didn't break (be good enough for finals) ANYTHING, and Belle broke two, placing 4th and 5th in Prose and Impromptu, and even Amber, completely out of the blue, placed 4th in Impromptu. Belle talked SO much on the way home that Dan told her to shut up more then 4 times, which is unusual for him. She was patronizing to me...that little 18 year old virgin tramp has the absolute NERVE to be patronizing to me...she comes into Forensics less then a month ago, wins some shit, and all of a sudden she thinks she's queen of the god damned world. I wanted to rip her face off. I found out on the way home that Joey had gone to the Hospital because he hurt his finger really bad at work, and I just...broke. I cried so hard I almost threw up again and I just couldn't take it. Everything went SO wrong in the course of two days that I just couldn't take it anymore. I cut Advertising today because I was so tired at work. I just ended up staying at work, and now I'm probably going to be late for Brit Lit, and I'm still kind of debating if I even want to go. I'd really rather just sleep. It's not like I've had time to do the reading, and even if I did, I don't have the money to buy the textbook.

~Fox
:: Fox 10/13/2003 05:38:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?