:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Thursday, October 02, 2003 ::
A caveat to begin: Those who have tried to access my site, it is down because Homestead is not so much run by people, but rather large piles of flaming napalm/cow refuse mixture. They got my billing info wrong, so I have to pony up $100 to get my site back up. Not terribly happy about it.
Tuesday night I slept over Joe's again because I was too tired to move by the time we woke up from laying down to rest our collective eyes at around 10. I woke up early and made him pancakes and his dad an omelet. I got halfway to work, realized *I* hadn't had anything, and caved in to taco bell, sharing bits of my burrito with some crows outside.
Work was alright, I think my Manager has respect for me. He snapped at me, but apologized minutes later, which I've never heard him do to anyone else. Who knows.
I finished my 3rd Dan Brown book, Digital Fortress (384 p). SO now I've got The Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, and now Digital Fortress under my belt. The plots are very similar at times, but hell...if I can read three and still lust for another, he's doing something right.
Saw a Fox the other day, coming home from school on Tuesday. She was thin, and digging at the ground. I pulled over, and she and I locked eyes for a minute...it was incredible.
As much as I tell myself that I can't make everyone happy, I, in all truth, believe that I will kill myself trying. My whole stomach feels wrenched into a square knot, and my body feels like it's being pulled in eight different directions. I am in very poor health, and I feel that one day soon my entire mental foundation will give way in light of the stress I put myself under - and it constantly feels like I am doing everything I wake up for in complete futility. That my mark on the universe has long since been erased.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
~Fox
:: Fox 10/02/2003 08:00:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|