:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Thursday, October 23, 2003 ::

Been awhile...I've been so damn busy lately.

Okay, well, all-encompassing update, ho!

The english club has a cubicle now, and it's really nice. Stuff locks and everything. We even have a computer (brian's laptop, donated temporarily) but he put a password on the bios and forgot to tell everyone what it was. But it looks nice. I bought a brass gavel for the club and it's really neat and I'm happy. We all had a business meeting Tuesday night at the Broadway diner that went pretty well, but was mostly taryn, rick, me and Brian goth-chatting....apparently, Doreen was nearby in another part of the diner for the entire meal and we just didn't know it. I felt bad. After I finished up some really horrid penne vodka, we headed over to the internet cafe to inquire about venue scheduling. Lucking, Eric Ginsberg was there in a songwriter's meeting, so we got to ask him about possible dates...we ended up with November 12th, a Wednesday. I ended up giving him a ride home to Marlboro...I didn't even get lost coming home :)

Tuesday, I said Fuck it to the world and just blew everything (not that there was much 'everything') to go sit in Barnes and Noble and have one of my reading binges. I got there from Joey's at about 9:45, sat down, and read "So long, and thanks for all the fish" straight through...224 pages....then I went to turning point for lunch and had a really wonderful caprese panini with a wonderful pot of Star of Persia tea (they have amazing soup, as well) and got back around 1, and from 1 until about 4, I sat down and read "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister", which was nice reading, but nothing I'd go out of my way to recommend to others (as I did with all of Dan Brown's books). It was 365 pages. So, 589 pages in an afternoon, not too bad. :)

I think I'm going to do that every tuesday now - either breakfast or lunch at the turning point, barnes and noble (all day on non-club days, until 11:30 on club days) and just relaxing. I need at least one day that's just book time. Sweet, loving, nonjudgemental book time.

David wants to meet up with me and the crew in Q's this Friday. Jury's still out. I actually don't think I can, cause I agreed to help out at Improv Jam. Hm.

School is hard.

Halloween is exactly a week away. Weird. Henry's party is less than a week away. Weirder. I still don't have a costume.

I don't have nearly enough money. Stupid non-free-money-giving economy.

I've been neglecting my closest friends terribly in my rushing back and forth to school and work. So Dre, Vince, and Ryan, be advised that you are on my mind and certainly not forgotten.

~Fox
:: Fox 10/23/2003 10:29:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?