:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 ::

Yesterday was nice.

I went into work at 10:30...somehow I didn't hear my alarm go off and woke up at 10:14 exactly and had to rush, but I made it. I got in and was supposed to be out at 1:30, but come to find out Alicia is on until 1:30 too, and both of us leaving would have meant no counter girl from 1:30 until 4, so I stayed until 4. Thankfully, it was ridiculously dead and I only had to make one sandwich all day. $7.50 an hour for 5 hours of nothing is not something to shake a stick at. :)

I messaged Joe and he came and picked me up at work, and after I dropped off my car at home, we went to the mall. I got to go perusing the men's sections while he looked for new sweaters, and I was beyond thrilled. I'm so weird, I like going men's clothes shopping. We hit spencers, macy's, boscovs and hot topic...hot topic was having one of those great half off clearance sales. I got two shirts, a blacklight ink-and-light set, and a Emily Strange wallet for Stevie for 14 bucks. Joe got an amazing new phone....it was $100 with a $100 mail in rebate, all you had to do was sign up for a year with t-mobile. I found out I wasn't allowed to unless I got a new phone number and credit check and all. Pissed me off. Four years I've been with them, and I don't get shit. At least the guy told me not to buy a sidekick...he says they've been discontinued, and to wait for Nokia's N-gage. However, Penny Arcade didn't have good things to say about N-gage. We'll see.

After we swept the mall, we went to the Olive Garden. It was my first time back in one of them since the almost-weekly trips with Jon, so I was a little apprehensive. We had to wait, but our number was 42 so that was cool. We got in after about 15 minutes at the bar....Joe bought me an ameretto sour and had his Tom Collins (I still maintain it tastes like soap). So, you know me. Empty stomach, strong drink...I was a little giggly. I was alright though, but it really took the edge off my memories, so that was nice. I had the zuppa toscana without even flinching, and made a fan out of joe. He had ravioli, but they had the neverending pasta bowl, so of course I had to grab that. I'm surprised, I could only have one bowl. I guess my stomach is shrinking. We headed home to his house, hung out for awhile, and then he drove me home. It was a really pleasant evening, and there are few pleasures greater then relaxing in a car someone else is driving, on a beginning-of-fall night. There was a bit of harmony in my life for the first time in awhile.

Today, I have an eye appointment at 11:30, thank god. My glasses just aren't cutting it anymore. Edge of my sightline is fuzzy. After that, I think I'm going to head over to Brookdale and prod around campus a bit, see if I can get some info on the whole cubicle nonsense. Plus, I bet it's beautiful there. Maybe I'll take my camera, see if I can get some good shots. Been awhile since I broke that puppy out. Ohh...just remembered...I need batteries for the light meter. Hm. I bet the bookstore has them for photo students. We'll see.

~Fox



:: Fox 9/02/2003 09:58:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?