|
|
:: Saturday, September 13, 2003 ::
Yesterday was cool.
Had to cancel my doc's appointment because it's my week and I don't want anybody prodding at me and threatening tetnus shots when I'm already sore and cranky.
Work was dull...had two mistakes, but not because I wasn't paying attention. I hate the stupid computers sometimes. People never slow down when they're giving you an order, they just want to order it and you should figure out the rest. Pushy ass bastards, all of them.
After work, I called Joey and he invited me out with his friends again. We went over Dave's briefly and then these two people, John and Ashley, showed up, and Joey tugged me out to go get something to eat. Turns out ashley is the twin sister of the girl that his ex left him for, so can't say I blame him. They're a high school couple anyway..John's like a 'thug' and Ashley's that "hair pulled back really tight too much eye makeup vacant eyes" kind of girl. So, we headed out for food alone.
We ended up at the Broadway diner, which was really nice because that was where our first date was. A month and a half later (give or take two days) we end up back there, officially together. Joey was telling me he was happy because he realized on the way here that we were 'us'. I know, sounds weird the way I say it. He said, in his head, it stopped being "Fox and I are" and started being "We're". Might seem like a small difference to other people, but for people like Joey and I that have been through what we have, it's a big difference. We got one of those 'march of dimes' paper pumpkins and put our names on it...the lady at the register goes "well, you have to put your date on it" so I did. 8-1-03. It wasn't in a heart, so I think I'm okay. I have a longstanding belief that putting your names together in a heart with the beginning date is like a damn ticking timebomb for a relationship. Granted, I made this assumption in High School, where relationships were as short as lunch periods, so maybe it's changed. Nonetheless, I don't tempt fate.
We went back to his house and I laid with him until he fell asleep, or at least I thought he had, but he woke up at one and told me it was probably time to end the night. I had thought he was dead out and was getting ready to go, so it surprised me and and I jumped. ::laughed:: He's the most peaceful sleeper I know, but he's really good at appearing asleep when he's not.
Our schedules kind of suck because he works almost every day, except for his classes on Monday and Wednesday. He has anthropology and one other class that escapes me right now. He takes off school days (I should do that, lord knows I need the time and concentration) but he works the other 5 days of the week, including Saturday and Sunday. On days like today, Saturday, he's out by 5, which is right when I go in. Makes it hard to plan neat stuff on the weekends, unfortunately. He works sunday too, til 5. So the only days we can have sleepovers are like, Sunday nights and maybe tuesday nights, and obviously Joey needs some him time too, especially once classes start giving out work. I'm a mutable creature and can just as easily produce a brilliant paper at 3 in the morning as 2 in the afternoon, with virtually no prep. Thank goodness my strength is in English and not math. We'll do okay, it's just difficult tangling with 2 jobs and seven classes between us, as well as the fact we're both getting older and staying up til 2am is no longer a routine.
~Fox
:: Fox 9/13/2003 09:22:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|