:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 ::
Yesterday, I felt much better with my health and all, so that's good.
I got up reasonably early (read:noon) and left to go to Brookdale. I was meeting the English Club board there supposedly, but only Rick showed up. I couldn't really get ahold of anyone, so I can't blame them for not coming. Joey asked what I did yesterday, and I think I summed it up pretty well:
When I went into school, the English Club did not exist. When I left, it did.
Rick and I embarked on a dizzying office-to-office quest to get, among other things, budget forms, a meeting room, a cubicle, and the location of our MIA Faculty Advisor. We got everything but the last one. No one seems to know where Laura is, but we managed everything without her, so I guess it's a moot point. The only issue is if we need her to sign something, which we will eventually.
The Black Student Union stole our room, which I'm rather cross about, but we got LAH210, which I think may be a better room. We'll see. We went to the head honcho, Carl Calendar, about a cubicle, and judging from the reactions of all the formerly uninterested office workers *after* that visit, the man really went to bat for us. People were tripping over themselves to help. It's a very nice change over not being taken seriously.
After Rick and I parted ways, I got in touch with Joey, who had had to go to a funeral for a good friend's grandfather that he was really close to. He seemed to be holding up really well. He invited me over to Red Bank to meet his friends, and we hung out and played DOA volleyball for awhile, I met his friend's parents and they are *really* nice people.....also, apparently Joey bought an x-box. ::laughs:: That boy impulse-buys more electronics then even my father does...
After that, we went back to his house and decided to set up his telescope. We actually got it to work and looked at the full moon up close...it was absolutely incredible and sort of blinding. Joey also found mars :) I headed home about midnight, and right now I have to go, lest I be late for work. 10:30-4.
~Fox
:: Fox 9/10/2003 10:14:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|