|
|
:: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 ::
Well, never made it to Brookdale. I'm silly.
I *did* go and sign up for a new atm card, have my eye appointment (I do need new glasses, getting slightly smaller frames and he says I read too much so he gave me eyedrops), and do a lot of laundry. I was supposed to go see The Medallion with Dre, Dave and Ron, but I got fucking lost in rush hour traffic and ended up in Woodbridge. I hate driving sometimes. People are stupid and won't let you go to your exit.
Joey called me and wanted to know what I was doing that night, and, after scrapping the movie idea cause I'd never make it on time, I wasn't doing anything. I went over his house and we hung out for awhile, had some ice cream and pie, and then watched the family guy with his dad, which is something of a tradition if I go and visit them at night. I can't figure out why Joey would break up with me partly because he felt like we were moving too fast (aka spending too much time together), and yet he still asks me over his house pretty much every single day. Men.
Well, it's very rainy out, has been the past two days. Kind of a poor start to my favorite season, but what are you going to do. I work today, 10:30 until 4...it's a long shift, but hopefully, because of the weather, we won't get slammed. Strange how less people order in rainy weather...maybe they feel sorry for the drivers.
School starts tomorrow. Wow. I just realized. I gotta get my shit together! I know where all the books I need are, so I should be okay. I really hope my teachers don't suck. Debbie (my econ prof) is really amazing, so I'm safe there. And I'm willing to bet that whoever teaches occult literature, I think it's a woman, really can't suck...cause, I mean, it's Occult Literature. It's my Intro to Biz prof I'm a little apprehensive about. Hopefully it'll be okay, though. I know intro to biz stuff like the back of my hand, so I'm completely not worried about the class itself. I'm really not worried about any of my classes...I have Advertising (duh), Brit Lit 1 (already taken 2 with the same prof, got an A), MicroEcon (all about advertising and I had this prof before and got a B) Occult Lit (come on now) and Intro to Biz (Took the entire class before, twice even, just never got the chance to finish). So, as you can see, aside from the volume of classes and condensing my schedule to a mere 2 days, I'm doing pretty well.
Ah, shit. My shirt's in the wash. Just have to wear a normal shirt to work. If they wanted rigid conformity to the uniform, they should give out more then one shirt, if you ask me.
I went to TJ Maxx yesterday and did a small amount of school shopping. I dropped 60 bucks, but I got 3 beautiful blouses and a pair of jeans...also, plumeria linen spray, a 3 pound stone owl (for mom's garden), tea flavored syrup (I mean, come on, that's just cool), Ameretto soap for mom, pickled garlic for mom (she loves it, I don't know why), and a pair of dumbells which I thought were 5 pounds each, but are apparently only 5 pounds together. Start slow, I guess...
I need to do some school shopping today, apparently. Weird. I wonder if Econ is in the same room...man I hope so. I used to get my oatmeal and my energy drink, and I was set for the day, cause Debbie lets us eat in class. She's really cool, we've kept occasional contact over the summer so I'm automatically a favorite. :) W00T!
Let's see...I'll need notebooks....I was debating over a 5-section notebook or 5 individual ones...I always seem to run out of paper halfway through the term, and it's annoying. I have to leak info over to other sections, and it just becomes a big mess. I should stick to typing up my notes for classes during my break periods again. That was helpful with communications. Still didn't stop me from getting a C. God Keating's a bastard. Even my councelor says he hears shit about Keating all the time. There's a difference between being a difficult teacher to take and being an impossible one. Even our best student didn't get an A. Whatever.
I'm going to go tidy up my room some more. I made some headway on the attic yesterday, so that was cool.
Ciao!
~Fox
Ryan called randomly last night, he's sounding as melancholy as ever. He starts class today.
:: Fox 9/03/2003 09:17:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|