:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Thursday, September 11, 2003 ::

Let me begin thusly: This is September 11th. The fallen are immortalized in my heart and the hearts of America. Your memory will not be lost in this blind push for vengence. You will be remembered as individuals, not as a justification for war. This is not an occasion for a 'second 4th of july', or an excuse for uber-look-at-me-I'm-not-a-terrorist bandwagon patriotism. This is a sobering day in which many people died merely by going out to earn a living. All over the world, this happens each day, and it is distressing that we can mourn our own losses and yet neglect to help others with any means but military force and spin doctoring the rationale for our military manuvers. May their private gods be with them, these departed souls so much like us - I know, if no one else does that you were not 'heroes', 'brave', or 'angels'...you were men and women, mothers and fathers - sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles and cousins, and you deserve to be remembered in the ways you lived, not as a faceless group. I will remember.


So, yesterday was exciting...

Work was dull, per usual. The only variations were having to take a new pizza guy home (he lost his license from a dui...real winner there) and pick up one of the other workers from school in the same trip (why do I work with such younguns?).

I headed to Holmdel after work, browsed at lane bryant...picked up a really nice burgundy silk shirt for $12, down from $30...and then I was going to Barnes and Nobels. In the parking lot, I realized I haven't called my dad in awhile, so I did that. Guess what?

He's getting married.

I'm happy...a little apprehensive because from the few times I've seen Dad and Pam together, they're always quibbling, but dad seems really happy about it and it's about time he caught a break. I cried like a little bitch, of course...I get so happy emotional over this stuff. I leaked like a sieve at mom's wedding! Dad wants me to be in the wedding party, and he says I can bring Joey. I was a little surprised when he told me that they were going to have the ceremony before the end of the year, but hey...if J.Lo and Ben Affleck can do it, I guess....

It's also a little sad for me...I always told dad, joking around, that I would be angry if I got stuck with any step siblings or halfs...Pam's daughter passed away at age 12 from a degenerative disease, and I'm starting to kind of regret saying that, even though it was before dad even met Pam. I think I really would have liked having a little sister. She's in my thoughts.

Last night, I hung out with Joey again (hehe..surprise, surprise) and I helped him and his dad get the new open-top boat they bought into their yard. By help I mean I held tree branches back, almost got my fool ass run over by the trailer, and freaked out because I thought I saw spiders. Joey later produced cherry pie and vanilla ice cream he bought earlier and we had a very nice dessert with his dad. Things seem to be going pretty well with him, but we'll see. Last time I had virtually no warning, and he still acted the same around me physically and looked at me when he was talking...the whole nine. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop, as Henry once put it so memorably. Hopefully, I'm starting at shadows and worrying over nothing.

Today I got my School ID validated, got the proper forms for putting up an English Club advertisement, went to a circle K meeting to foster good inter-club relations, and got information on changing the club's name permanently to the Literary Society. Been a busy little nine-tails, I have. Right now, I have my first occult lit class and I'm very eager to go to it! I'm going to go upstairs, check out the room we have on the second floor for club now, and head up to Occult Lit. Ciao!

~Fox


:: Fox 9/11/2003 01:16:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?