:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Saturday, September 20, 2003 ::

Hm, okay.

I stop writing for a day or two and completely lose track of what I've done. Let's see if I can backtrack.

Wednesday proper I went out to Dearborn farms after work and picked up a bunch of groceries for pretty cheap...they were having a sale where if you bought 5 fruits or vegetables, you got 10% off your entire order. I bought fresh bread, 2 pounds of hot sausage, bell peppers, onions, apples, peaches and a starfruit for only 17 bucks! I headed over Joey's, making my first liquor store trip along the way to pick up a 6 pack of that new bacardi 03, which isn't half bad....the guy also gave me a little bottle of bacardi raspberry too, cause it was my birthday :). I made sausage and peppers and a rapsberry peach cobbler that ended up just a touch too doughy, but not much I could do about it. It's still edible.

(By the by, I retract all statements about Joey not getting me a birthday present, wednesday he snuck up, hugged me, and gave me a $50 giftcard to B&N....and I'd like to also point out my dad mailed my birthday cards *on* my birthday. And he lives in Louisiana. They only got here yesterday.)

Thursday I got out of school early because they declared a 'state of emergency' due to hurricane isabel. I got to book out of there at 5, so I headed over to Joey's to pick up my phone (I left it there by accident and was kind of flipping out without it) and he was getting ready to go to Jason's birthday party...turns out Jason was sick, so it was canceled. Joey and I hung out, I finished "Triggerfish Twist", a book I picked up on my birthday (400 Pages, Tim Dorsey, really liked it - reminiscent of Dave Barry, heavily) and he, his dad and I all went to Wendy's and ate in the midst of the storm...the lights went off twice and it was pretty cool. I really like their new chipolte dipping sauce, as a side note. We went back to his house, where the weather picked up considerably, and I inexplicably conked out on his bed like a woman just let off a 24 hour no-sleep bender. I very rarely sleep before midnight, and I was out for two hours starting at 10, go figure. We tried to sleep in the same bed for awhile, but he got fidgety as usual and moved to his dad's room. I guess I'm just more okay with slightly uncomfortable but shared sleeping spaces than most. After sharing marco's twin bed for a year, and later six months on a really uncomfortable sofa bed every night with Jon, I guess I have a more easygoing view of things like that. Ah well. I ended up staying over because the weather sucked and I was dead tired. I barely slept a wink because of the rain hammering down. In the morning I made omlets for him and his father and we all went our merry ways.

I got out of work early yesterday because Ally stayed for me, which was cool. I went to Brookdale, did some paperwork I had to do for insurance, then I went to B&N and shopped with Joey's card. I got two books on mythology, one quote book, and one book on wicked goddesses, as well as (yay!) the new Norah Jones CD, finally. I love that woman.

Then I went to TJ Maxx and spent too much, as usual. I got a whole beautiful leather desk set, a stone frog for the garden, a stone NYPL lion for my bookshelf, and I think that's it. Good stuff.

Vince apologized for his random disappearance in the middle of our disagreement, and so we're talking again. I'm fairly sure we're textbook something, at this point.

~Fox
:: Fox 9/20/2003 07:03:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?