:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Monday, September 15, 2003 ::
Had a nice day today.
Was going to go to faire for the last weekend with Iris, but it was really muggy out and her car was broken anyway, so I ended up hanging with Dre. We had an awesome time...he tried to eat a lot of my personal belongings, and we ended up seeing "Once Upon a Time in Mexico", which was fucked up by itself, but having never seen "El Mariachi" OR "Desperado", was even moreso for me. Apparently, they're all weird ass redo/sequel/prequels to one another that frequently contradict anyway. I want my own chicle' boy. Anyone who's seen the movie understands. Johnny Depp said "savvy". That made me happy. Before the movie we had gone to hunan house in an aborted quest to get soy milk for Joey, but they had none and we got to his work just as he was leaving.
After that, we picked up a paper at stop and shop for his acting class, and said goodbyes. I headed over to Joey's, which is pretty much a nightly thing now, but I always make certain it's what he wants...I don't want a repeat breakup..last one sucked enough. Doesn't look like that'll happen, though. He's putting together a comp for his dad, and I clipped some coupons. It was very domestic and I liked it. I had a headache (stupid new glasses) so I laid down for a bit and he came in and cuddled and talked for awhile. We both ended up falling asleep and waking up about 1:30...he said I could sleep over, but he's the tossing and turning type, so we would have had to lug in the airbed...I ended up just going home because I hate to wake him up anymore then he does by himself, and lugging in the airbed is like a 20 minute affair. Plus, it's no fun sleeping over if you're in seperate beds, in my opinon.
I figured out why I have an affection towards Joey I couldn't put my finger on. It's because we come from very similar DYFS-riddled backgrounds. Even his neighborhood is the same. It's villas, with the houses a little closer together. It's even on the edge of a poorer neighborhood, like I was as a child. It's one block from the beach, too. We've had, essentially, the same living conditions, house-wise. He understands and respects the sea, too, and he has a fascination with the stars like me. If I had stayed in Cape May, I would have ended up with a guy exactly like Joey.
It's a comforting thought, in it's ways.
~Fox
:: Fox 9/15/2003 02:28:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|