:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Thursday, August 07, 2003 ::

Yesterday was nice.

I got up off my ass, did some stuff around the house that mom needed, then went over to brookdale to sign up for the payment plan. I waited in a really long cashiers line and had an asthma attack because it was too damn hot and crowded in that hallway. However, I did get it done. I stopped by the boards to see what people were tacking up, and visited the student life office and left a note for Rodney Snell, our Literary Society advisor, about the state of cubicles. I snagged a course schedule for Joey, which I just realized I forgot to give to him..blegh. He had an appointment today to do his own classes with his councelor. Really cutting it close...I hope he doesn't get shut out of anything.

I went and visited him again last night...when we were out for Italian the other night with his Dad, his dad mentioned that he liked ethnic food...indian and the like. I asked if he liked thai, and he said yes, so last night I dragged him and Joey to Noodles N' More and we all had pad thai and tom yum kai. They're a good family, the kind that swap stuff between plates. People who don't share food always kind of got my guard up, coming from the family I do. I can't think of a meal where mom didn't steal from me and vice versa.

Also, before that, I went to toys 'r us and picked up some My Little Ponies (Yeah, I know, uber dork) and they make me happy. They re-released apple jack, and she's very pretty.

At Brookdale, I saw a flyer for Luigi's Pizza on 34, saying they were hiring. I figured, what the hell, and stopped in to apply. I played up my past pizza place experience, and he wants me to come in at 5:30 today :) Soooo...I have a job!

It's weird how things tie up. The summer was like a season-long test of my mental endurance, and here I am at the end with someone who's legitimately interested in me and doesn't have to smuggle me in and out of his house like contraband, I'm all signed up for school, I have a job, and I'm actually pretty happy. Now, of course, since I said that, there's going to be flaming disaster. :-0


~Fox
:: Fox 8/07/2003 10:03:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?