:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Monday, August 25, 2003 ::
Yesterday was cool, sort of.
I had Dre with me, and that pretty much saved the day. He drove to the Renn Faire so I didn't have to (bless his heart), and we got there around 2. I feel bad, cause, in retrospect, I just kind of dragged him around faire. To me, it's a social event. To others, they probably want to get their money's worth. Ah well.
So, I saw Rog and the gang...Rog's new chick's an ice queen, and completely not his type, and he called me 'beautiful and fuckable' in a conversation we had via IMs once I got home. So, I'm vindicated. I expected either the chick would be just like me (ala the Kirsten-Henry incident) and we'd make lesbian jokes and hug each other, or she'd be the complete opposite and standoffish and be all over Rog if I showed up. I was sort of right...she was standoffish, but not all over Rog. She had close-cropped boy-hair and a stare that was trying to bore through my chest cavity, even Dre thought so. Glen and Janet were there and didn't look too thrilled to see me. Not impolite, just not thrilled.
I picked up 20 new "free kiss" cards and a new membership card at the Wenches' booth, so at least I did *something* productive. Didn't use a god damn one of them, either. Combination of realizing that I was getting a little too old for random making out, and everyone there had women attached.
Met BondageSpider for a few minutes outside the gate, chatted for a bit, then Dre and I hit the road. We went back to Splainfield, hit a diner with Gym and one of his friends, then I got home at about 1.
Been talking with Vince this morning...he's very affectionate. I'm not entirely sure why, but it's so pleasant I don't feel the need to question.
Ryan is off...being Ryan again. I don't think I'm going to pursue anything there anymore. It's just too hard on my heart, trying to figure him and his silences out. I'm too old for tag.
Joey, as you know, invited me over to watch a movie on saturday. I did, and it was okay...good to have contact with another human being that I knew I stood a decent chance of seeing again in the next few weeks. I've decided I'm just going to let things be whatever they'll be, with him. I don't have practically any hope of it being a long term, not after some of the things he said to me when we broke up (I don't care if they were well-intentioned or not, at this point) ...he's right, I can't be with a guy who doesn't read. It was nice spending some time with him...we tried (unsuccessfully) to set up his new telescope, and then we watched Big Trouble. We didn't talk a lot, really...just kind of hung around each other and commented on the movie. Nothing happened, and that was nice. Sometimes I forget what it's like to be wanted for my company with my clothes still on.
Ah well. C'est la vie.
Work 4-9 tonight.
~Fox
:: Fox 8/25/2003 01:34:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|