:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 ::

Today was a good day.

It started when I got up at about 11, and immediately decided that, because it was a day off of work, I was going to make good on my promise to Stevie (Tim's little sister, who I stopped in and said hi to the other day because the house is exactly two blocks from Joey's..) to take her to B&N. Only Nicky was there, her little brother, so I played around the yard with him for a few hours, making 'grenades' out of mushrooms and bayonets out of branches.

We picked her up, then off to B&N, only getting lost a few times. Nickey threw a little tantrum because he wasn't allowed to get a pack of tarot cards, but otherwise things went nicely. I love the kids so much, and it's great being back in their lives. Tim's mom, who is also Stevie's mom, obviously, looks worse for wear and pre-occupied, a fear which Stevie only confirmed to me. She's lost and drifting, and supporting her mom, which is something I'm all too familiar with. Same age, too, 13...I'd do anything to spare her. All I can do is be here for her, which I am. I'm so excited she's into reading...

After I had a nice dinner with the kids and their grandmother, I headed over to Joeys, where I got hugs and shown all the stuff he bought at costco, namely a big ass telescope, a huge amount of pork, and way too much orange juice.

And, in perhaps the sweetest/oddest display of gifting I've ever had...

He bought me a *case* of red bull.

"This should keep you here awhile."

We had a talk last night, and he echoed some earlier sentiments I had had about taking things a little slower...mainly because I felt like I was in a relationship by routine and not choice...that I had just 'gotten used to' him, and being near him. I knew immediately from his reaction that I'd misjudged things...he wasn't angry, or clingy...he just seemed kind of sad. I tried to reassure him at the time. But, of course, when he said it to me, I freaked and got quiet and tuned out, and only heard portions of his sentences that I took out of context. I left without saying much at all because I didn't want to say anything bad to him out of emotions that were misplaced anyway. Long story short, he was worried I was going to not want to see him again/as much, so the red bull and what he said cemented how he felt about me and that he wanted me around. I was so touched...I can't even tell you.

We made dinner together...pork chops that came out great thanks to a quick phone call to mom...and watched Lilo and Stitch and just cuddled. Later on, driving home, I realized how lucky I am to have met him. I'm really happy about all of this.

~Fox


:: Fox 8/13/2003 01:54:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?