:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 ::
Summer days are often a blur.
I had an hour-long conversation with Dre in the morning yesterday, and it was pretty cool. It's been awhile since I've had a friend I can talk to on the phone that long so easily. I found out all kinds of things about his theatre programs, and it's really interesting...I've discovered that, although it sounds fun, I would never want to strike a set...it's a gyp, cause you don't get to hit it, just dismantle.
In lieu of something productive, I found my textbooks (And about eighty million sci-fi anthologies I want) on half.com and mailed the info to dad. I really love the information age. My dad is states away, in a completely different *time zone*, but he can share everything with me. I sent him webcam pictures of my forensics trophy, he can log in my aol account and check my calendar, he can log in my brookdale account and see my classes, my grades, my gpa....he can go on njtransfer.com and see what my transcript looks like to other colleges...it's just amazing how much technology has bridged the gap.
My Little Pony had to not only go and reintroduce ponies, which I already have four of, but also a crapload of playsets that I'm going to be compelled to buy. Crazy. Check out my other blog for my opinon on the new packaging.
I've been seeing a lot of Joey since I met him. We went to Improv Jam the night we met (friday the 1st), Henry's party the night after, Sunday I went over his place and watched a movie, Monday we didn't see each other but we talked on the phone, and last night I went over his placed and we watched another movie. So far, I've seen Atlantis for the first time with him, and Life of Brian and Dogma again. He has enough anime to take over small countries, but anyone who knows me knows I'm not the biggest fan of anime, especially DBZ. Joey is a very sweet guy...a little coltish, but a very good listener, and calls when he says he's going to. I went out to dinner with him and his father last night, a very nice Italian place called Fernando's out on 36. It's one of those places where the decor is fairly no-frills and such, but the food is amazing. They make their own sauce, and I love homemade sauce.
I'm going to try and clean up the attic today, and do a few things for mom. I finally paid off my gap bill yesterday, so that's at least one monkey off my back. Stupid company wants my soul.
~Fox
:: Fox 8/06/2003 12:05:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|