:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Friday, August 15, 2003 ::

Okay, so Wednesday proper was a bad day.

Just basically, work was hard and horrible...I was on deli, which was a 7.50 an hour job but I'm only getting paid 6. Kind of bull. That alone sucked, but I was supposed to get out at 2, so I put up with it. Then Glen, my manager, pleaded with me to drive deliveries until 4 (and you all know how great I am at driving)....and that went poorly. Ran out of gas, got pulled over, got money hurled at me along with curses....leave it at that I am never taking deliveries again unless a .45 and my temple get intimate. It was also the first day of my female week, so that made everything bad times 47.

I had a very large sundae at friendly's after work and felt much better about things. Joey had a bad day too, so we got together and hit the porn store in Woodbridge, my mecca, and I ended up feeling a lot better about everything.

Yesterday I worked deli again, but I got my paycheck, so it was a mixed day. I got home early...I was supposed to work til 4, but my extra 2 hours the day before would have messed up the payroll (evidently they're real bitches about that here...even go so far as to change your log in hours so you don't get paid for any more hours then what you're on the schedule for. Bullshit.) so I was sent home early. I headed over to Joey's after making a very good fruit pie at home to take over. I helped him work on his car, which is completely torn apart so he can fix some leaks. Went to CVS to get some photos and dimetapp for his dad (poor thing was suffering from allergies from moving the lawn) and the car parts place to get some LEDs and tie rod bushings for his car.

In a side note, I'm very glad I went over yesterday...the radio went out halfway there and they started talking about the blackout...I got that horrible sense of panic I got on the 11th and during the worst parts of the war. I was really shaken up, I've been alone through those last two...the first was just after I broke up with Marco, the other just after Jon...I really need support when I get all worried like that, and this time I got to just hug Joey, grease stains and all, and feel a little more tethered to the world. A simple thing, maybe, but in times where terrorism is always in the back of everyone's brain, a little comfort goes a long way.

Joey, his dad, and I went out to Outback for dinner, and it was very nice indeed. I like talking with them over the table, it's always a good time, and they have never made me feel like an outsider. I feel like I've known them practically forever, and it's only been...hey, look at that...2 weeks exactly today.

So, for those of you catching up on the reading, Joey is, for all intents and purposes, my boyfriend. I've stopped checking my dating sites, stopped looking, and told the guys that have called me I'm off the market now. I was apprehensive at first...I didn't get the right impression of who he really was on the first date...but we've spent pretty much every single day together, and I have a much better concept of him now, and I like it a lot. He seems to be really content with me too, so we'll see how it goes. No labels between us yet, but I expect eventually they will come.

I work tomorrow, 5 to 9, but other then that, not much to tell. Been catching up on my laundry and a few chores around here.

~Fox


:: Fox 8/15/2003 01:45:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?