|
|
:: Saturday, August 23, 2003 ::
Okay, so, random email aside.
What did I do yesterday? Pretty much nothing. Talked with Vince for awhile and said goodbye, talked with BondageSpider about the story, Ryan vanished off the face of the planet as he is want to do, Joe went out with friends, Jow was tired....etc, etc. Basically I was on my own.
Of course I headed to my sanctuary, which has been neglected of late. I sat down in the cafe, got myself three tazo brambleberry teas, and poured through "Restaurant at the end of the Galaxy" in about an hour. I was going to read the third in the series, "Life, the Universe, and Everything Else", but I decided against it, leaving it for next time. For the unenlightened, the titles I mentioned are the latter two in the Infamous Douglas Adams "Hitch-hiker's Guide the the Galaxy" trilogy (although now it's more like sextet). I'd already bought and read the first book, the one the trilogy's named for, on a previous visit. The book spawned everlasting quotables like "Don't Panic", "42", and "In the beginning, the universe was created. This upset many people and was widely regarded as a bad move." I have "Life, the Universe, and Everything Else", "Goodbye, and Thanks for all the Fish", and "Salmon of Doubt" left to read.
After finishing that up, I sat and sipped at my tea for a few minutes, and then made a leisurely stroll around my domain. Of course, a book I've been wanting to read for the better part of ages all but leapt out at me. Dan Brown's "The DaVinci Code". All I can say is, fucking WOW. And I read a LOT, people. And I hate murder mysteries. Fucking WOW. You need to go out, right now, and buy this book. Right now. Go. Why aren't you gone yet?
I'm going to write Gabe at Penny Arcade right this second and thank him profusely for recommending this book.
Oh, and this guy Steve that I had a sort-of date with once...he's a really nice guy, and I liked him, but I was going through one of my weird portions of life when I was a little *too* into lycanthropy....and, well...he kind of thought I was a nutcase about it. Things are settled now, and we're friends. He IMed me last night, he has this friend Chuck who he was talking to about me, and now said friend wants to meet. Said friend has long black hair. I'm done for.
~Fox
:: Fox 8/23/2003 01:22:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|