:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Saturday, August 30, 2003 ::
Last night I went to my first Trysh gathering since the Gaby/slut incident.
For those of you unaware, I've known Trysh since high school, where we met because she was trying to trash my reputation, because she thought my best male friend at the time, whom she wanted, wanted me. In a rare stance of listening to covert op reasoning, I befriended my enemy. I've been pretty much regretting it since.
At the beginning of the summer, I had a brief and touching relationship with a very innocent boy named Gaby I met through school. He originally came from Lebanon, and was going back there to visit family over the summer, but there was a very real danger of him being recruited into the military there. On one of the last days he was still here on this side of the ocean, I chose to hang out with him over Trysh. Trysh, displaying her usual abundance of tact, called me a slut behind my back and it got back to me. If you knew the girl, you'd see just how painfully ironic her calling me a slut really is.
That aside, I went to one of her usually ill-fated TGIF gatherings last night, dragging Joey with me because I didn't want to brave it alone. Dre and Dave were also there, so that helped. Joey couldn't believe the skankiness present at the table. I think I permanently scarred him. We paid too much for food that was already too expensive, and left.
Joey's having a hard time at work cause one of his co-workers, the only other guy that works on spas, sprained his wrist and can't work. He's had to pick up the slack and work really hard...I feel bad for him. I feel even worse I kept him out until 1 in the morning. These things happen, I suppose. He seemed alright.
Today I work from 5 to 9...not looking forward to it...it's the saturday of damn labor day weekend. Hey, is monday labor day? Maybe the shop's closed. That'd be nice. Less money though. Hm. I'll have to ponder this.
Vince is in a snit again. I have no idea what to do for him, at this point. I see myself turning into the false-bright optimist to him like I was at the bitter end of all my relationships. If this didn't happen on a weekly basis with him, I might be concerned. Why can't I meet guys that don't have six foot thick mental walls around them? It's getting kind of old.
That's it, for now.
~Fox
:: Fox 8/30/2003 01:04:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|