:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Friday, August 29, 2003 ::
The last few days have been relatively normal...
Tuesday, I went out with Dre and Dave on a random scavenger hunt for soul calibur 2, a video card, and underwear. One Best Buy and the Woodbridge mall later, we had our items intact, and there was much rejoicing.
Monday I had work...tuesday I didn't, wednesday I had work until what was supposedly going to be 2, but ended up being 3:30 because all of our little pre-pubescent counter girls had field hockey and couldn't come in. Hence, I had to do two jobs. It sucked royally. Joe was going to take me to the circus, since he promised he would before we broke up and we're amicable now, but we ended up going out for Mexican Food and playing skeeball on the boardwalk instead...it was cheaper and closer. I had a good time, and I think there's a place for Joe in my life, but it isn't as a boyfriend. The stuff he said and the way he said it just stung too much. If I can't let go of it in my head, I know there's a good reason for it. I'm going to go with my gut feeling on this and not tangle myself up again with Joe.
He's a lonely soul, and I think he really just doesn't want to be left alone. He says he doesn't want a 'mother', but every time I'm maternal to him, he seems so contented. I feel needed when I go over and cook for him and his seemingly equally lonely-souled father, and it makes me happy to know I've brought a little joy into someone's life. If the only way I feel comfortable doing that is through pasta, then so be it. Besides, all my Red Bull's over there, anyway. :)
Things with Vince...well, we aren't fighting. He's been equal parts bitter and distant and tender and loving, so I don't really know what to think. The logical part of me says he's only professing the things I was waiting all summer to hear because he's lonely and friendless in the very beginning of the semester all the way down in Miami, but the illogical part of me wants to believe otherwise. He says we can 'work on the fighting' and he wants to 'give us a try the next chance we get.'. I don't know, really. The loyalty and affection I hold for him is astounding even to me, especially after some of the fights we've had. I'm really at a crossroads when it comes to him, so for now, I'm going to hope for the best and brace for the worst....nurture strength of spirit to shield you in times of sudden misfortune and all that. Things will become clearer with time, as they always do.
Today I went to Barnes and Noble and sat down and read "One Knight Only"...the latest by Peter David, the man behind "Sir Apropos of Nothing" and "Woad to Wuin". 373 pages in 2 and a half hours...go me :)
~Fox
:: Fox 8/29/2003 12:38:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|