:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 ::

So, yeah.

Today, Dre picked me up with Ron and Dave and we went and looked at a car I may potentially be getting. It's a 95 Ford Escort, teal blue, 112k, with a good radio, a/c, and the stench of wet dog, for one reason or another. 1675 off the lot. Hell of a lot cheaper than 2k. 425 would be better served with my tuition.

We went to Regal, where Ron works, and proceeded to see Charlie's Angels 2 (awesome movie if you don't try to take it seriously..) and Finding Nemo (awesome movie period). Ron wanted to stay and watch T3, but I was movied out, so Dre and I headed back to my place to hang out, go to friendly's for dinner, and try to start our screenplay. We succeeded at all 3.

Dre's a really great friend. I know I've said it a million times, but I'll say it a million more. He's the only person that's really consistently and quietly listened to me bitch time and time again and not been anything but supportive. We're a really great team, and I am so relieved that I finally have a good friend who's platonic. I'm always kind of afraid that I'll find out some day that it was otherwise, so I poke at him from time to time and ask him point blank if he's still completely cool with being platonic. I don't want to hurt his feelings if he's got some kind of thing he's not telling me...I'm not about to lose my best guy friend ever by being callous. He seems fine, though.

So, yeah. I don't really know what to make of the "romantic" (note the quotes) portion of my life. On one hand, I am an adult, and I understand that obligations make it very difficult to throw oneself headlong into the amorous pursuit of affection as in younger days, but there is also a big part of me that quietly mentions that this is it...the beginning stages...things will stagnate enough later on, this is the time to be wild and free...and...well...I'm not. I'm tired of things running hot and cold, hot and cold. I can't put my emotional mood on ice because the situation happens to be inconvenient. I always find a way, and I always seem to be the only one trying. (This is the part where I find out tomorrow that everything is totally justified, and I am a big ass, but for tonight, I am full of righteous miffed feelings and a very impatient carnal appetite.) I guess men aren't ready to deal with a woman who knows what she wants, or something. Or maybe I'm just attracted to the men who are destined to vanish into thin air. Who the hell knows. I just know I'm getting sick and tired of waiting for other people, period.

~Fox
:: Fox 7/02/2003 02:04:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?