:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Sunday, July 20, 2003 ::
So, yeah. Finally got the net back.
Been pretty busy..mostly hopping back and forth to malls, looking for jobs and buying stuff because I'm a shopoholic at heart.
I had a failed date last week...I think it was wednesday...a guy named Mike. Pretty much 'local fodder'...the kind with the tattoos that's in construction and obsessed with whatever they're driving. He kept insinuating heavily that we should make out. I kept insinuating heavily that I didn't want to. We watched tv for awhile, and when it came time to go, I had to go back inside for my keys, and I asked him to wait outside so I could say goodbye to him, but when I got upstairs to my room, I heard a squeal of truck tires and he was gone. No skin off my back, I assure. He had beautiful eyes, but it doesn't redeem a base personality.
So, been trolling the dating sites, warding off the idiots, per usual. I actually went over Ryan's last night, though. I guess things are kind of alright. It's more of the same story I had with Dave 1, though...sometimes I get the impression that I'm some secret that guys, as a gender, want to keep to themselves. Sometimes I wonder if the rest of my life is going to be spent at 2am in the morning...it was a beautiful compliment to the exhuberance of youth, but I feel it's waxing exhausting now, on the brink of my 21st birthday. I am happy, though, for the time being. If there's one thing I have learned, it is that questioning happiness is a fool's errand.
Still no job...all I've gotten is a failed interview at Fashion Bug with a hag-like woman...executive heel-clicking bitch, and not even the kind I want to be...she can keep her 6.75 with the lousy hours. There's got to be something better out there...
~Fox
:: Fox 7/20/2003 04:41:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|