:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Friday, July 11, 2003 ::
Okay, haven't updated in awhile.
Well, big news is I have my car. It's an okay car...feels like it's made of plastic, after driving the volvo. My main complaints are thus:
1.) You can't turn the radio off. Literally. Best I've managed to do is turn it to an AM station with just static.
2.) The seatbelt mechanism is shit. It didn't work when I was test driving the car, and I pointed it out, so the sale of the car was conditional on them fixing it. They 'fixed' it alright. It moves up and down the track when it's supposed to about 70% of the time, and when the car is turned on, the seatbelt mechanism clicks up and down exactly once every 11 seconds. Beyond annoying. Very distracting when I'm driving. I'm taking it back today.
Yesterday, I made the foolish mistake of trying to drive to see Dre. There was a narrow bridge, a mack to the left of me, a railing to the right, and a mack grille in my mirror. The two of them effectively blocked my exit, so that I ended up wandering through woodbridge and settling on the mall. I shopped, even though I have no money...shame on me. Got hot topic shirts and stuff from San Fran Music Box Company (The company folded! :( ) for mom.
Last night I had a bad dream...it was mom and I, and you know that movie 28 days later? Well, if you don't, the concept is it's this zombie movie..a 'hate virus' that infects everyone, is transferred through the blood/saliva, takes effect in seconds, and makes it so the only words you can say are 'I hate you'. I dreamed mom and I were in that scenario, so we had to get water and food and hole up in my room, and Joe had the virus and was pounding around downstairs, and then I woke up. I'm the only person I know that has scary dreams about a scary movie I haven't even *seen* yet. Sheesh.
Erin and I hung out the other day...we went to my Thai place for lunch, then the thrift store uptown, then Crystal Dreams and Visions, then the International Food Market, then the Rag Shop, then the 7-11 in Keyport, then the Yellow Rose Diner, and finally home. I made soup with some of the veggies I got at the food market, and I bought camphor at Crystal Dreams to help clear up mom and joes sinuses (they're both sick).
Not much else going on. I was going to go register, but I keep forgetting my stuff is in mom's van. ::sigh::
~Fox
:: Fox 7/11/2003 09:18:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|