:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 ::
Okay, so the last post was pertaining to the fact I had a date today.
With Ryan.
Ryan is a guy I met at the poetry open mic for English Club, back in march or so. He was really quiet and we met because I was making fun of him for being from Colts Neck and not ghetto. I was really kind of a bitch, but evidently he saw through to my psychotic inner core and, barring that, liked me for some reason.
We went out twice after the open mic - once in a late night trip to Eli's, and then another recently for the banana split. The Eli's bit was kind of awkward, I think I actually put in an entry for it...he seemed skittish and uninterested. Turns out, he's pretty much always skittish and he was very interested. So, I got a really sweet text message on my phone after the banana split night - we make a habit of hanging out in the car and talking for five minutes before I actually go in the house - and there was always a tension, and I knew he wanted to kiss me and the feeling was mutual, but it never seemed like the right time, so I always left after a hug. So, the text message said something to the end of wanting to remedy that, and I thought it was really cool. So he picked me up late last (sunday) night and we went over his house and watched Adult Swim on the cartoon network....really fucked up shows...exactly what you *should* be watching at those hours. I had a really nice time, and he ended up dropping me off at 4...there was a duckman marathon on and we stayed up to poke fun at it..and then we got back together today at 2 in the afternoon and had thai food..he left around 5.
This is what I want. I think of him, and there's the unbidden grin. Score.
By the by, old Dre quotable I forgot to post...this was a conversation we had on the way to Henry's party a few weeks ago:
Me: "Dude, we should so live together. We'd make awesome fucking roommates."
Dre: "Yeah! Out of teeth and hair and stuff!"
~Fox
:: Fox 6/24/2003 03:01:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|