:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Saturday, June 21, 2003 ::
Okay, so haven't updated in awhile.
::sighs:: Not much else to say, really. Each day has been like the next. Been trying to write a little more (efforts are on My Rant Blog and My poetry page)
Vince and I...well, I doubt we'll ever really get along, now. I don't know what's up with him. It's like my mom says - in any kind of relationship, platonic or otherwise, there's only room for one person to be mentally off kilter. I'm putting that situation away for awhile because it gives me too much of a headache.
Dre still remains the best friend a girl could want. He keeps me laughing and living when I really just want to sleep all day. We went to court the other day for one of his tickets and made fun of everyone. Apparently 'improper color of lamps' is a finable (that a word?) offense. Additionally, the judge doesn't care. The highlight of the evening would probably be the young man in front of us with what appeared to be a football play tattooed on the side of his neck.
I went out with Ryan the other night...was feeling down because Vince pretty much blew me off because I wanted to wish him well for his upcoming surgery. I broke one of the cardinal rules...don't hash out heartbreak woes about a recent to a potential current. Bad habit. Guess it's better than cigs. Ryan took it like a trooper and shared a banana split with me at the diner. He seems..broken..though. I worry about him. I mean, I've only been out with him twice before, and those were a few months ago...but he seems so much more quiet and withdrawn. Hope his upcoming trip to Texas will perk up his spirits a little.
I crashed over Mark's the other night...I needed human contact..been cooped up in this house for too long. Strange how small it seems now that I know I can't drive away at will. Mark was his usual kind self, regaling me with tales of car parts and recording-studio mishaps. No matter how catamitic my life gets, it's strange how one night at that house restores everything to normal. It's quiet, there's good DVDs, his roommate is really nice, the band guys are usually hanging around and messing with guitars, and he owns every video game system known to man. Mark's house is like, my time out house. I go there to put the world away for awhile.
So mom and I went shopping today, and actually got along the whole day. It was really, honestly pleasant. We went to Walmart - I bought 2 pairs of cute lil briefs, a new bra, new sneaks (pretty much identical to the ones I got on now - I'm such a slave to consistency), bondage sandals (you read that right...they have collar-size O rings sewn on to the front of them - it's so cool!), Rollerskate sneakers (Because they're comfy, look awesome, and were down from 56 to 15 dollars) and..hm..whatelse..oh yeah..a whole new bed set, because I was piteously overdue for one. It's a deep rich burgundy with a batik-like pattern...I'm pretty happy with it. I'm very happy with it all...one of the few shopping trips where I don't feel like I bought frivolous stuff. Except for maybe the spicy cheezits...but come on...spicy cheezits. I'm only human.
It's been a good week for ebay stuff, too. I got shipped my Demeter Altoids perfume and my Strawberry milkshake philosophy body wash (I really wanted cinnamon buns, but the bidding got too high so I got this one to see what the general consistency of the stuff was - I like it) and today I got my vegan soap balls. I've been hung up on homemade soap since I got that fantastic jasmine bar through the riverfest Thai booth. It was 6 small soap balls of various scents and a little thing of vanilla body butter, but she was out of the peach scent so she just sent me a whole bar! Pretty nice bonus.
I know if this is the first entry anyone reads that is new to my blog/website, they're going to think I'm one of those shallow arm-weighed-down-with-mall-purchase-bags girl. I'm really not. I shop in periodic frenzies, and I usually never buy high-ticket items. I prefer to go home with 10 ten buck things then a 99 dollar cashmere sweater I have to wear kid gloves to fold. I mean, the human being is only temporary, so why should we waste money on things that 'last forever'? Except for maybe diamonds. I have to grudgingly admit I hold with the rest of girlkind regarding the wonderfulness of that particular stage of carbon. Perhaps because I don't own any yet.
All the rain has dropped the barometic pressure so much, I've been getting killer headaches and nausea. (And YES I'm sure it's just the air pressure because I just had abdominal unpleasantness last week.) I hope it lets up soon. Apparently, it's affecting mom the same way...I'm not too surprised. Physically, we're a lot alike..the same enviromental things bother us. The only difference is that I have the stubbornness of youth and mom has the short patience of..um..non youth. I can deal with the headaches for a little longer than her without needing asprin. Handy for now, I suppose.
That's about it for now. Happy midsummer's day, my readers. This will be the third year I am spending it without a signifigant other. I hope it doesn't affect the coming year's chances.
~Fox
:: Fox 6/21/2003 07:13:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|