:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 ::
Man, I have a lot of energy for some reason.
I've been cleaning all morning and I've gotten more laundry done then I have in the past three months combined. I had a power-nap after Ryan left yesterday (it has to do with the weather...heat makes me exhausted) and so I was up and awake until 2 in the morning. I was actually doing laundry at midnight. It's insane.
I guess it's just a want to get my room looking cool. I've just got so much *stuff* that it's hard. It's amazing what you accumulate in two moves. Ah well. Now that I've finally gotten my courage up, I've managed to go through some baltimore boxes I've been putting off, and I found some things that I haven't seen in awhile, and am very happy to see. Like my sari...I got a sari on ebay when I lived in Baltimore, mostly on a whim...it's a beautiful rich olive green with a burgundy design at the end. I wonder if I can get Trupti to show me how to tie it. She's a very nice indian woman that works at the bookstore that wears them. I'd use it as a table runner or something, but it's far too pretty and I'm afraid I'll spill wax or something on it. I wish I had bought the matching choli when I had the chance.
I also got my llittle illuminations pillows...I love them..they're tiny and made of a silk fabric..I just have to figure out where to put them. Kuan Yin has her place back on my altar, but I am following her more passively now. Too much compassion makes one weak. I am content enough she merely be there. Hm...I also found a collection of children's books I bought to remind me of childhood - Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, Harry the Dirty Dog, George and Martha, and Puppies are Like That. I'm glad I remembered to grab them on my way out of the apartment. I want them for my kids someday.
I also found my mortar and pestle and an Athame. I used my mortar last night and ground up some lavendar for old times' sake...it felt good. I've been so busy with life that I sometimes forget to be a witch. Herbcraft settles my nerves. I think tomorrow I'm going to go down to the new age store and get some more herbs.
That's about all for now..have to go down and switch the laundry. More updates later!
~Fox
:: Fox 6/24/2003 12:44:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|